Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Falling Leaves - November's Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog hop

Welcome to November's Counterfeit Kit Challange Blog hop!
If you came here from Lisa's blog, then you're on the right track. If you came here directly, you should start at CKC blog.
This month we have a very talented lady as our Guest Designer - Julie. You should really hop to her blog - full of beautiful and inspiring creations. 
This time we were asked to choose our fav collection, from 2012, anc counterfeit this collection with our own stash. 
Oh, my! that was a toughie one! with so many gorgeous collection, I had hard time to decide which collection I would counterfeit. And then it was hard to counterfeit it. I must say, it's easier to counterfiet a kit from one of the clubs :).
Eventually I went for Simple Stories - Harvest Lane:


And here's a collage of my "Falling Leaves" kit:
To make my kit I first wrote down the colors (green, brown, pale blue, orange, red, yellow and cream). Then I wrote down the patterns (plaid, woodgrain, flowery, strips, dots and checkered). The last stage was to write down some significant elements (trees, journaling cards, leaves, scalopped circles with banners.
I started with patterned papers:
1st row - Jillibean Soup (Coconut Lime Soup), Simple Stories (Sn@p), Fancy Pants (Be You), Fancy Pants (Childish Thing) Echo Park (This & That Charming).
2nd row - Fancy Pants (Summer's End), Echo Park (Dots & Stripes), lilybee design (9 to 5), Simple Stories (Sn@p), My Mind's Eye (On The Sunny Side).
Then I took some cs in coordinating colors (Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill and American Crafts).
Finally, I added embellies - journaling cards from Jillibean Soup; some jornaling tags I've made from scraps; 
More embellies: plastic, foam and fabric leaves, foam stars, felt flowers and felt birds, washi tapes, ribbons, Thickers and Hebrew letters (that's why in every CKC kit of mine I have so many alphas... I need to put alphas in two langauges).
Now for what I plan to do with this kit.... I have an idea to make a mini album "2012 in review", and I want to use this kit for it. I guess I will make some layouts with this kit, and I just might make an add-on kit and add-on embellishments kit.

Your next stop on the hop is Margie's blog. Go ahead and see what beautiful kit she made!
And here's the full hop list, in case you lost your way:
Guest Designer: Julie http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/

I hope you'll join us for a fun months, full of inspiration.
Thank you for stopping by!
חודש חדש, עם קיט חיקוי חדש :).
הפעם יש טוויסט בקיט החיקוי. אפשר לבחור את הקולקציה המועדפת עלינו מאלו שיצאו במהלך שנת 2012, ולחקות אותה עם החומרים שיש לנו בבית.
יד על הלב? הפעם היה לי קשה להכין את הקיט, ולו רק בגלל שהיו כל כך הרבה קולקציות יפות שמצאו חן בעיני. החלטתי ללכת על הקולקציות הסתוויות, ואז התחיל הקושי הגדול, כי בדיוק הגיעה ל-Xmix הקולקציה של Jillibean Soup עליה פינטזתי. ברור שהיא כבר אצלי.... הפיתוי היה גדול, פשוט לקחת אותה ולהשתמש בה, אבל עמדתי בפיתוי הזה בגבורה ובכל זאת ניגשתי למלאכת הרכבת הקיט מהחומרים שכבר היו לי.
ראשית - רשמתי לי את הצבעים שמככבים בקולקציה (ירוק, חום, תכלת, כתום, אדום, צהוב וקרם). אח"כ מיפיתי את הדוגמאות (משבצות, עץ, פרחוני, פסים, נקודות ו-plaid). בהתאם בחרתי דפים מדוגמים והוספתי להם קארדסטוקים בצבעים תואמים. בסוף התהליך אספתי קישוטים תואמים, וחלקם הכנתי בעצמי.
יש לי רעיון להשתמש בקיט הזה כדי להכין מיני אלבום סיכום לשנת 2012, אבל מן הסתם אשתמש בו גם להכנת דפי 30X30 מעוצבים. יתכן שגם אכין קיט משלים ועוד קישוטים, הכל בהתאם לקצב השימוש במה שכבר יש. 
יצא לי קיט שאני מאד אוהבת. מה דעתכן? בחודש שעבר היו שתיים שנדלקו על הרעיון של קיט החיקוי וגם הכינו והשתמשו בו. אני מקווה שהן נהנו ושהן יצטרפו גם החודש. יש עוד מצטרפות? הפעם הבחירה של החיקוי היא לגמרי שלכן....
תודה שקפצתן לבקר!

15 comments:

mandysea said...

Love your embellies and those cute little felt ones are adorable! great colours too!

Julene Matthews said...

This kit looks fun to use .Enjoy yourself with all the fun embellishments.

Julie H said...

You have put so many fun details in this kit! Love it! I especially love the little felt ones too!

Margie said...

This is so pretty and colorful!

Susanne said...

Oh another pretty Simple Stories collection - counterfeited to the maximum. I love it. Good luck with your review album - it will be fabulous with all those fun embellishments you've included in your kit. I can not wait to see more. Well counterfeited, Libeeti!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Great kit! I like how you described how you approached your kit picks - I have to write things down as I think them through, too. Have a great month!

Jimjams said...

Another great choice to counterfeit!

glorygirl said...

Awesome job! I really like the birds, and leaves! Looking forward to seeing how you use them:)

joyce rodli said...

Good, you got through the choice process and came out the other side with an awesome look alike kit.

MiliPea Designs said...

oooh, I can't wait to see your mini album! I love the choices you made for this kit.

Angela Toucan said...

lovely

Unknown said...

תענוג לעיניים. הצבעים, הדוגמאות, הקישוטים...
אבל אין מצב שאני ממשיכה איתכם החודש:-)
1. אין לי זמן
2. עוד לא סיימתי את הקיט הקודם
3. הצלחתם לבלבל אותי. גם לבחור את הקיט וגם לחקות אותו? הגזמתם לגמרי :-))))

Lisa said...

Nice kit I love all the different things you have put together. Enjoy crafting!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Beautiful kit!!

Lisa said...

I'm interested with the idea of writing down the main elements of your kit to use when counterfeiting, I tend to use printed pictures of the kit, ticking off as I go, but perhaps a list would work for me too. This collection was a near winner for me to counterfeit too and you have done a wonderful job with it!