Sunday, December 15, 2013

Feeding the Kangaroo - Sketchabilities #105

This is my 2nd post today.
For my Stuck?! Dec. 15th reveal,
please click HERE. Thank you!
A  new sketch is up at Sketchabilities and this is my take on this awesome sketch, designed by Karan. Here's sketch #105:
The photo is of my youngest, feeding a kangaroo at the Australian Zoo we have in Israel.
I used papers from Making Memories, Kaisercraft and DCWV. For the matting, I used a small paper bag. The embellishments are Echo Park stickers (Beautiful Life collection), Purple Pumpkin's flair button, Webster's Pages chipboard buttons, some embroidery threads and a wooden kangaroo from my stash.
For the background I used Studio Calico's triangles mask with TH distress ink and some stamping and heat embossing of Hero Arts text stamp.
My inspiration for the colors was palette #165 at The Color Room:
I loved this warm palette.  I also followed the inspiration from Scrap 4 Help:
I would like to enter it to the contest at Paper Issues, for the zoo theme.
Here are some close-ups on the details:




Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. Your comments are much appreciated.
אמצע החודש וזה הזמן לסקיצה חדשה ב-Sketchabilities. אני מאד אוהבת את הסגנון הזה של סקיצות, עם דפים מדוגמים לאורך ותמונה רוחבית, עם קישוטים מהצדדים.  התמונה בדף היא של צעיר הבנים, בביקור שלנו בגן גורו לפני למעלה משנה וחצי. הוא כל כך נהנה להאכיל את הקנגרו מכף ידו :-).
ליצירת הרקע השתמשתי במסיכה של סטודיו קאליקו עם דיו דיסטרס ובהחתמה ואמבוסינג של חותמת כיתוב. הדפים הם ערבוב של חברות שונות - קייזרקראפט, DCWV, MM. הקישוטים כוללים סטיקרים של Echo Park, כפתורי צ'יפבורד של וובססטר'ס וכפתור  מתכת של Purple Pumpkin (ממש לאחרונה זכיתי אצלם בפרס... מחכה שיגיע כבר בדואר). הוספתי גם כמה חוטי רקמה מפוזרים באופן אקראי. את הקנגרו מעץ צבעתי בקצוות עם שני גוונים של דיו דיסטרס, ואת הגוף עם גוון אחר, וכמאטינג לתמונה השתמשתי בשקית נייר קטנה.
ההשראה לצבעים לקוחה מפלטה של The Color Room ולחומרים מ-Scrap4Help.
תודה שקפצתן לבקר וכמו תמיד אשמח לקרוא את תגובותיכן.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

איך שהשלג מועיל ליצירה. שאפו. אש קטנה

Denise Price said...

Thanks for playing along with S4H; you have a great take on the challenge. Plus, I love your adorable kangaroo photo and accent!

dstandard said...

This is just an awesome page - love your take on the sketch!

Linda Langes said...

That awesome wooden kangaroo is the hero on this page Libeeti. I am so impressed that you have an Australian Zoo in Israel:) They are a fascinating creature. A gorgeous picture and memory scrapped.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a wonderful layout! Love the precious photo and the pretty paper you used. Love your attention to detail! Thanks for the inspiration!