Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cheerios - lo


I've made this lo for the 3rd sketch challenge ate My Creative Sketches. Here's the sketch:

I've made some changes from the original sketch, but I think that you can still see the original.
The photo is of my youngest, about 5 years ago. Cheerios was my kids' fav snack, the plain one, without sugar or honey. I used to have small bags with them everywhere... LOL

Some of the dp I used on this lo were made by me - the pale blue one (misting with glimmer mist and then I stamped with Unity stamp) and the background one (here's a "how to make it" that shows how to create your own dp). I also made the frame for the photo from AC stamps and then fussy cutting around the frame. Here are some close ups:


Homemade frame, homemade dp, liquid pearls around the photo, distressing, layers and stitching:
a tip: when you put some layers and stitch, stitch the cs before you put your layers, and then adhere the layers. it will make stitching much easyer.

Tearing, rolling outside the other side of the paper (actually the 'other side' is a different piece of white cs, that I inked with two different inks to give it the stonewash look):


I also made the flowers - from a gauze misted with glimmer mist, and adhered on a scallop punched cs. I decorated  the scalloped circle with stickles and the center of the flowers  with Prima's 'say it in pearls' embellies:



Thank you for stopping by and I wish you all a happy new year!

דף מעוצב שהכנתי לאתגר סקיצה. העיצוב שלי שונה במקצת מהסקיצה המקורית , אבל אני חושבת שעדיין אפשר לזהות אותה בדף.
התמונה היא של צעיר הבנים, לפני כ-5 שנים, אוכל צ'יריוס משקית, בגבעת הרקפות. צ'יריוס מהסוג הפשוט, זה בלי הסוכר והדבש, היה החטיף המועדף והעיקרי של ילדי. באותה תקופה היו לי שקיות עם צ'יריוס בכל מקום אפשרי (ובלתי אפשרי...).
את חלק מהדפים שאיתם עבדתי - הכנתי בעצמי. הדף התכול עם הכיתוב החום הוא קארדסטוק לבן, עליו התזתי גלימר מיסט והחתמתי עם חותמת מילים של UNITY; הקארדסטוק בבסיס (מציץ מהקרעים) עבר טיפול מסיבי (הנה קישור להדרכה איך הכנתי זאת). גם את המסגרת לתמונה הכנתי בעצמי, עם חותמות של AMERICAN CRAFTS. הדפים המדוגמים הנוספים הם של MME ו-COSMO CRICKET.
הפרחים הוכנו מגילגול של תחבושות שעליהן התזתי גלימר מיסט, וקישטתי מסביב לעיגול עם סטיקלס ואת מרכזי הפרחים עם קישוטים של PRIMA.
הטיפ שלי לתפירת דפים בשכבות - לתפור את הקארדסטוק לפני שמדביקים את השכבות. זה מקל על התפירה (במיוחד אם היא ידנית).


תודה על תשומת הלב!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photo and loving all the butterflies!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

such a fun layout...I remember my cheerio days with the kids:)

Sarah Mullanix said...

Lovely layout and take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with the MCS Sketch Contest!

TesaB said...

Ohhh what a wonderful page. Amazing colors and look at all the fabbie layers! WOW for the flowers, soooo totally gorgoeus!!!

חתולי8 said...

פשוט נפלא!
והדוגמן בכלל הורס!