Saturday, November 8, 2014

A world that has been gone

A new challenge at CSI, special case file S365-9:
And this is my take on this case file: 
My clues were:
Scheme - all 5 colors are here.
Evidence - leaves/branches, music elements, mist, hearts, fence, scatter something (scattered Stars of David),.
Testimony - I documented about a journey I had recently to Poland. this photo was taken at the old Jewish Cemetery in Warsaw. I wrote my journaling right on the background, and it reads: "A journey in time, to a world that has been and don't exist anymore. Great communities, enriched colture, a varied world, fuul of content. The Jewish Cemetery at Warsaw, a very big one, full of old tombstones, that tell the story of people who lived and contributed to their people, as much as to their country. A cemetery with so much sorrow in it, with a monument for 1.5 million jewish children, who were murdered by the Nazis."
It also goes fot the 'Good 'ol Days' challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.
Here are some close-ups on the details:






Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments very much.

6 comments:

Jo said...

A great take on the sketch Libeeti! Beautiful layering. I hope you had a lovely time in Poland. thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities :)

Dolly B said...

Wow a powerful layout and journalling Libeeti. Love the layering behind your photo and the colours you have used
Mary x

racheli gazit said...

ככה מעצבים עמוד אלבום!
כשהעיצוב הוא לא רק יפה אלא ממש מעצים את הרגש והרעיון שעומדים מאחורי .התמונה ומעביר אותם לקדמת הבמה
והכותרת - מדהימה (ולא בגלל המדבקות, אלא בזכות הטקסט).

Meihsia Liu said...

What a gorgeous layout. Love the beautiful embellishments and great colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Val-Belle said...

Ah Libeeti, I know it would have be a very sad and emotional trip for you. It affected me badly and I am not jewish so I can't even begin to think what it must have been like for you. I hope you got what you were looking for. Can't wait to hear all about it. Take care and thank you for sharing this beautiful and heart wrenching layout with us.

Scrappy Chick said...

Beautiful layout Libeeti!