Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Hanukkah - 8 Days of Light - Special Agent at CSI case file #100

This is my last page as Special Agent (i.e. Guest Designer) at CSI, with case file #100. As soon as I saw the palette, the evidence and the testimony, along with the inspiration photo - I knew I'm going to work with last year's Hanukkah photos. Today we light the 4th candle of this year's Hanukkah, so Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate it.
The photos were taken last year, on the last day of Hanukkah, when we lit all 8 candles. According to our family tardition, we're having a Hanukkah lamp for each member of the family, so on that evening we had 3 Hanukkah lamps shining with 9 candles each. One of Hanukkah's names is the Holiday of Lights, and indeed our home was filled with lights :). The title of my page is "8 days of light".
My clues to solve the case were:
Scheme - all 5 colors were used.
Evidence - numbers, stripes, stars, wood, frames, chandelier, borders.
Testimony - I added a punched border to my journaling tag and I documented our family tradition and the joy and happiness of our home filled with candlelights.
I used papers from Glitz, Carta Bella, Simple Stories, and Echo Park. The wooden chandelier was painted lightly with gesso, and embllished with half pearls. The black lace border and the doilies are CheeryLynn Designs dies, cut with the Big Shot. I love the heart shape, created by the doilies :). I made the flowers in the center, and the paper is yellow, only in the photo it looks orange.
Here are some close-ups on the details:



I really enjoyed being a Special Agent for CSI and I'm thankful for the opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time and visitng my blog. I appreciate each one of you, who take the time and leave me a comment. thanks.
זה הדף האחרון שלי כמעצבת אורחת לחודש נובמבר ב-CSI. הצירוף של הצבעים וההשראה, ביחד עם התיזמון של חג חנוכה, נתן לי השראה לעצב תמונות של הילדודס מחנוכה הקודם, לפני שנה בדיוק. המסורת אצלנו היא שכל אחד מהנוכחים (בני משפחה ואורחים) מדליק חנוכיה משלו. וכך, בערב חנוכה האחרון בשנה שעברה, הדלקנו 3 חנוכיות מלאות, החשכנו את הבית והתמוגגנו מאור הנרות שהפיצו נרות חנוכה. תענוג אמיתי.
עיצבתי דף אלגנטי במראה, כיאה וכיאות למעמד החגיגי. השתמשתי בדפים של Glitz, Carta Bella, Bazzil, Echo Park ו-Simple Stories. קישוט הנברשת מעץ נצבע בג'סו ואח"כ קישטתי אותו עם חצאי פנינים. הדוילי'ס נחתכו בביג שוט וכך גם הבורדר השחור. הבורדרים האחרים פונצ'צ'ו בפאנצ' של מרתה סטיוארט. הפרחים במרכז הם, כמובן, תוצרת עצמית.
שיהיה לכן חג חנוכה שמח ומואר.

2 comments:

ike said...

Gorgeous page :-)
Chag Sameach

IKE in Greece x

Lynette Jacobs said...

So glad I found your blog. I love, love, love this page.