Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Twenty years of friendship - mini album


My best friend had her birthday about 2 weeks ago. I've made her a mini album. We've been BF for the last 20 years, since we met at the university. We even shared a room in the dorms and later we shared a flat.
I worked on this mini album for several weeks, on & off. I wanted to post it but had to wait till she gets it. Well, she got it and she was thrilled. So was I, when I gave it to her and while I was making it. I loved it so much, I didn't want to give it... LOL

חברתי הטובה ביותר חגגה יום הולדת לפני כשבועיים. לכבוד המאורע, הכנתי לה מיני אלבום שמציג ומשמר רגעים משותפים שלנו. אנחנו מכירות כבר 20 שנה, מאז שהכרנו באוניברסיטה. חלקנו חדר במעונות הסטודנטים ואח"כ דירה.
עבדתי על המיני הזה במשך כמה שבועות, און ואוף. רציתי להעלות אותו לבלוג כבר קודם, אבל חיכיתי עד שאתן לה אותו. היא מאד התרגשה כשקיבלה את המיני והאמת היא שגם אני התרגשתי - הן בזמן הנתינה והן תוך כדי ההכנה. זה מיני אלבום מאד אישי ומאד ממצה, על חברות איתנה שנמשכת כבר 20 שנה.
האמת היא שכל כך התאהבתי במיני הזה, שממש היה לי קשה לתת אותו (וזה כבר לכשעצמו משמש תמריץ להכין מיני נוסף... :)).
אז הנה הוא....

Originaly, I was planning on participating in the competition over The Craft Barn, but then I had some family issues I had to handle, so no way I was able to finish the mini on time for the competition. But still I used the sketches.


Front cover. The title says something like: 20 years old love. Actually, this is part of a line from a translated song. The original song is "The song of the old lovers" by Jacques Brel ("La Chanson des Vieux Amants"). This is one of my most fav songs.
זו הכריכה הקדמית. הכותרת למיני לקוחה מהשיר המקסים של ז'אק ברל, בתרגומה של נעמי שמר, "אהבה בת עשרים". זה אחד השירים האהובים עלי ביותר, גם בביצוע המקורי שלו וגם בביצוע של יוסי בנאי המנוח.

For the basis for all pages, I used used cereal boxes, so it's also kind of recycle project. The motifs that go through all this mini album are faux stitching,  swirls stamps & distressing.
First two pages
כפולה ראשונה: You & me - Best friends forever
Second two pages: Girls just wanna have fun
כפולה שניה
3rd two pages: My kids (bf holding my youngest); Your kids (me holding her eldest).
כפולה שלישית: הילדים שלי (החברה שלי מחזיקה את הבן הצעיר שלי); הילדים שלך (אני מחזיקה את הבת הגדולה שלה).

4th two pages: Our kids
כפולה רביעית: הילדים שלנו


5th two pages: Country girls; Cosmopolitan girls
כפולה חמישית: נערות כפר; נערות קוסמופוליטיות.


6th two pages: Jerusalem in the snow; The Thames, London.
כפולה שישית: ירושלים בשלג; על גדת התמזה, לונדון.




7th two pages: profession; work
כפולה שביעית: מקצוע; עבודה



8th two pages: We need girl time; girls gathering (London, Paris)
כפולה שמינית: מפגשי בנות - לונדון ופריז



And last, back cover: To the next twenty years!
ואחרונה - הכריכה האחורית: לחיי עשרים השנים הבאות.

לקח לי כחודש להכין את המיני הזה וכשלושה ימים להעלות אותו לבלוג... :)

The challenges:
distressing - #50 incy wincy

2 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Lovely present :) She will love it
!!

Thank you for joining us this week over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Have a wonderful week
Heather
my blog

Farida Rone said...

Wonderful Creation. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.
Hugs,
Farida