When I saw the this color combo at color dare, I just knew I'm going to make a card according to this combo. I think it's so so great combo and the DT's work was so inspiring. The 2 pp are realy coordinate, and to me this colour combo has some calm efect.
Some of the flowers were cut out of the circles pp, just the way they were printed. Some other were cut by a tamplate I've made, still from the circles of the same pp . The large light brown flower over the upper left corner, the ,fan flower, was made according to Theresa's tutorial - .
thank you so much, Theresa! it was so easy & such fun to make this fan flower! I sprayed the paper with gold art spray, so it gives some shining effect to the flower (I'm not sure it can be seen in the photo).)
The greeting is a new stamp I bought yesterday .
I distressed the edge of some of the flowers and the tag with the sentiment stamp, add some brads, rhinestones & flower punch (the small brown one on top of the fan flower)
and that's it!
this card goes for the follwing challenges:
1. Super sketchy sunday - day 246 - http://365cards.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-246-super-sketchy-sunday.html
2. Colour combo - #41 soft vanilla bay - http://colordare.blogspot.com/2009/11/cd41-soft-vanilla-bay.html
3. Flowers power - http://www.sunflowers-dragonflies.ca/blog/3144/sd-challenge-15-flower-power/
6. Stamp something - http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/2009/11/challenge-7-stamp-something.html (the sentiment is a rubber stamp).
7. So many scallops! - http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/11/challenge-84-so-many-scallops.html