Sunday, April 22, 2012

This smile - lo

Here's my take on #7 challenge at Let's Get Sketchy, with this sketch:
The sketch was my jump point and I've changed it a little (or a lot... LOL), but I think you can still see the original sketch in my lo. All the supplies are from my counterfeit kit - dp are Jillibean Soup; die cut- K&Co.; 'washi tape' - homemade. There are only two things I've added - the blue thread and the punched butterflies (I've used some scraps I had); the alphas are from a local manufacturer.  This is my 7th lo from this kit!
The photo is of my youngest, when he was about 17 months old. At that time (and for very long time) he used to have this smashing smile, his mouth full of big teeth, and he used to wrinkle his nose in such a cute way. He no longer does it, but still he has some cute faces :).
Here are some close-ups on the details:

challenges:
hexagons - frosted designs
spring colors - aud sentiments
pastels - liitle darlings
stitching - papertake weekly
die cuts/punches - craft your passion (I used both)
Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment, I love reading what you think.
דף מעוצב נוסף מקיט החיקוי שלי (השביעי במספר!), עם תמונה של צעיר הבנים כשהיה כבן 17 חודשים. באותה תקופה, החיוך שלו היה יוצר קמטים בגשר האף שלו, ואני עד היום עוד מתגעגעת לחיוך הזה :). העיצוב של הדף ממש נו"פ, עם שימוש בשאריות של דפים מדוגמים מפרוייקטים קודמים. המסגרת של הדף ושל התמונה היא סרט דביק מדוגם תוצרת בית.
תודה על תשומת הלב!

18 comments:

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, very pretty spring colors and that photo is so adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee the hexagons and the stitching!!

TesaB said...

Ohhhh, this is soooo adorable!!! What a wonderful photo!Love the tape work, great framing!!!

Tabitha said...

Great job on the sketch, beautiful stitching! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Cute LO!

Thanks for joining the 7th Sketch Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

mai/titi said...

!so softly page
!Love the your hexagons
Thanks for playing along with at LGS

Charlotte said...

I can still see the original sketch in your layout. It's fun to see how different a sketch can turn out. You have used some nice colors and I love the butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS.

Lisa said...

I love how you are using pinks for your boy layouts with such ease! the blue stitching is perfect and of course I love the hexagons.

Susanne said...

The simple design really lets the picture shine - sweet!

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous take.. and it's using my sketch.. it is so much fun to see what everyone does and all the fabulous interpretations of the sketch.. really cute and thanks for playing along at LGS

Unknown said...

i love that you turned the sketch on it's side! thanks for playing along whit us at lGS!

Carla said...

Great job! Love the hexagons! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy this week!

deesdesigns said...

OMG - he's adorable!!! Your layout is pretty darn cute too! Thanks for the inspiration and joining us for our "Spring/Summer Color Challenge" at Aud Sentiments!

Unknown said...

Nice LO. Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs.

Janiel/ janny said...

What a cute page!!!
Thanks for joining us at the Little Darling Challenge Blog.
hugs........

Kerys said...

Super cute! Love the colors and hexagons! Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

Margie said...

What a fun take on the sketch-I love the use of hexagons instead of squares!

MiliPea Designs said...

Okay, sounds silly, but I never would've thought to frame the page with washi tape like you did! Love your layout, as always!