Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finally Snow (a long cold winter) - GD for Scrap It With A Song

I was invited to be a Guest Designer for April at Scrap It With A Song, and I was very happy about it. Songs are a great inspiration for me in my life, and for my scrapping.
For April, SIWAS has a wonderful songs to inpire you and I hope you'll join us in the fun.
The 1st song is 'Here Comes The Sun', by the Beatles. Noramally, one would think of a springy theme for a layout, but I wanted to remind us that before we see all this glorious blooming, we should say goodbye for the cold winter.
The photos are of my boys, playing in the snow only a month ago. we rarely have snow in Israel, and my boys were longing for snow to fall ever since we moved here. Finally, after almost 4 years, we had snow, and that is the title of my lo. With the subtitle I played with the word 'long' from the song - our winter isn't really long, but we longed for snow to fall.
My inspiration for this lo came from case file no. 13 at CSI:
I love this color palette! I think I will use it again.
For the evidence: a pinewheel, hearts, twine, jewels (rhinestones in the center of the pinewheel and the spiral flowers), spiral flowers (I've made them according to Wintam's tutorial)
For the testimony: the lo is all about my boys playing in the snow, with such a great delight.
Here are some close-ups:



Please come back tomorrow, for Counterfiet Kit Challenge blog hop, where we will share our counterfiet kits with you. Here's a sneak peek to my kit, very springy one:
Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I love reading your comments, so please leave my some :).
דף מעוצב עם תמונות של הבנים שלי משחקים בשמחה ובאושר בשלג שצנח לו אצלנו לפני כחודש.
הדף הזה הוא  משימה כמעצבת אורחת בבלוג של Scrap It With A Song, אליו הוזמנתי לחודש אפריל. האתגר הראשון הוא השראה מהשיר של הביטלס Here Comes The Sun. היה מתבקש להכין דף עם נושא ואווירה אביביים, אבל בחרתי דווקא את השורה המדברת על החורף הארוך והקר (אצלנו לא כל כך ארוך, ובינינו - גם לא כל כך קר...), ותיעדתי בכיתוב את ההשתוקקות (משחק מילים על המילה long) של הילדים שלי (וגם שלי...) שירד כבר שלג, כזה שנערם.
האתגר הנוסף לו הכנתי את הדף הוא אתגר המשלב כמה נושאים - פלטת צבעים, אלמנטים וכיתוב.
הפרחים הצהובים המקופלים הוכנו לפי ההדרכה הזאת של WINTAM.

מחר יהיה בלוג הופ באתגר של קיט החיקוי, שגם בו אני מעצבת אורחת לחודש אפריל. בבלוג הופ כל המעצבות יציגו את קיט החיקוי שהכינו. התמונה הקטנה למעלה היא הצצה לקיט הזה, שהוא אביבי להפליא. יהיה כיף ומעניין. תבואו (אחרי הסעודה הדשנה של ליל הסדר...).

תודה על תשומת הלב ושיהיה חג אביב שמח!

4 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

I love this. Those flowers are gorgeous. Did u make them? U should do a tutorial if yes. I can't believe it snowed in Israel. Where did it snow? Where do u live? I also wanted to wish you a chag sameach and all the best

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveee the pinwheel, the pompoms and LOVING teh flowers!!! So BEAUTIFUL!!!

חתולי8 said...

מושלם! פשוט נפלא!
חג שמח מותק:)

Alma7 said...

דף מקסים ביותר! אני אוהבת במיוחד את הקישוטים מעשה ידייך - הפרחים והשבשבת ואת שילוב הצבעים תכלת צהוב ירקרק, שהולכים נהדר יחד.