Sunday, April 15, 2012

Home (is where we are together) - a lo

This is my take on the challenge at Once Upon  ...Sketch, with the theme "Home" with this beautiful sketch by Nadia Cannizzo:
I chose one of my boys' photo from one of our (many) travels, and I chose this photo because of the errows to different directions. The subtitle is a message from me to my kids, considering that we left our hometown almost 4 years ago, and left all our family and friends behind. We all miss our hometown very much. The hidden journaling (on the other side of the tag) is about it, with my questions whether it was the right thing to do. But still - home, the real home, is where we are together.
My inspiration for the colors is #106 The color Room:
All materials on this lo are from my counterfeit kit. I did a lot of fussy cutting with the flowers and bird. the lacy flower was made from the lace ribbon, the same one that I used under the doily. I sanded the photo, and I love the way it looks. The tag is one of my homemade tags that I've made for my counterfeit kit.
Here are some close-ups on the details:





challenges:
vintage/shabby chic - mawtt; ollcb; sweet stamps
distress - tsb 
color combo - EAD designs
ribbon and lace - the artistic stamper


Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. please leave me a comment, I love reading what you think :).
דף מעוצב נוסף מקיט החיקוי שלי, והוא נעשה לפי אתגר סקיצה ונושא ("בית"), ביחד עם אתגר של שילוב צבעים. התמונה הזאת היא של הבנים שלי, לפני 5 שנים בטיול בגשר התלוי בנשר. התמונה נבחרה בגלל הסימונים לכיוונים שונים שעל העמוד בתמונה, שכן הכיתוב החבוי (בצד השני של התגית) מדבר על מעבר המגורים שלנו, עם התהיות שלי האם זה היה מהלך נכון. ועדיין מה שחשוב הוא שהבית, הבית האמיתי, הוא היכן שאנחנו נמצאים ביחד.
התגית היא מעשה ידי, אחת מכמה תגיות שהכנתי לקיט החיקוי של חודש אפריל. שייפתי את התמונה עם נייר לטש דק, האפקט מאד מוצלח בעיני. עשיתי הרבה חיתוכים עדינים על הפרחים והציפור מתוך דף של DCWV, שהוא מאד עמוס ועד כה לא מצאתי לו שימוש מרוב שהוא עמוס...
תודה על תשומת הלב! אשמח לקרוא את התגובות שלכן.

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty...I always love your you layer all your gorgeous embellies!

MiliPea Designs said...

So many beautiful details in this one little layout - amazing! You always have something fantastic to share and inspire!

Lisa said...

I love all the fussy cutting and such a pretty layout - yet perfect for this photo of your boys. great job

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the distressing!

Unknown said...

Some fabulous vintage elements on this project. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at OLL this time. Hope to see you again next time.
Hugs
Dawn xx

phamil said...

What a sweet picture and beautiful page! I love those soft colors. Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

Melissa said...

This is so pretty!!! Love the soft colors and all the pretty little details! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique! :)

Irini said...

Libeeti this is another beautiful layout love the soft colours and the beautiful details!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
hugz
irini

Tara O said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the layering and the soft spring colors!

Keren Tamir said...

This is fantastic you managed to get the colors perfectly even if they were not The Scrap CAke papers. hope all is well with you!! take care
k

Susanne said...

So pretty and feminine - just lovely.