Friday, April 13, 2012

Que Sera Sera - a lo

 This is my take on #14 case file at CSI. Here's the case file:
The photo is of myself, about 20 years ago, holding a map to find out our way on a travel I had with my BFF. The lo is mix&match of different manufacturers - dp: Making Memories, K&Co., DCWV; alphas: Basic Grey, My Little Shoebox; inks: TH Ranger distress ink (vintage photo) amd Versa Color; stamp (the pocket watch): Inkadinkado; brads: Stamperia; pearls, doily, thread and lace trim: my stash. The rolled flowers were made according to Wintam's tutorial.
Here are some close-ups on the details:





The 'evidences': animal accents - the birds (fussy cutting); wet medium - distress ink and green ink for the pocket watches; sanding technique - I sanded the green dotty dp, the brown dp and the faux envelope (love the effect!). 
The 'testimony': the hidden journaling (the other side of the faux envelope) is from the 'end' (today) to the beginging (20 years ago), and it's all about 'who would've believed' that I will have the job I'm doing right now and the family I have. it's very personal so I kept it hidden :). I also took inspiration from the word 'time', and thought about how time gives us some sort of perspective - what we were and dreamed of and what we became eventually. It was my inspiration both for the title (great song, isn't it?) and the journaling, and that is why I put those watches to resemble time.
This lo is also for two other challenges: Bird Is The Word, with the word 'Future' as inspiration - in my subtitle; and for the challenge at Scrapbookers Anonymous (so sad that it's their last challenge), which asked for a map (not only I made the faux envelope from a map dp, but in the photo I'm holding a map... ) and brads (the center of the upper watch, on the envelope and on the title and subtitle).
Thank you for stopping by! Please leave me a comment, I love to read what you think :).
דף מעוצב שהכנתי לאתגר משולב של צבעים/אלמנטים/ג'ורנלינג ב-CSI, אתגר של השראה של מילה ואתגר של שימוש באלמנטים (דף מפה ובראדים).
התמונה היא שלי, לפני כ-20 שנה בטיול בנחל צלמון עם חברתי הטובה ביותר. הג'ורנלינג החבוי (הצד השני של ה'מעטפה') מדבר על 'מי היה מאמין', ומתייחס למשפחה שהקמתי והג'וב שלי כיום, לעומת מה שהיה לפני כ-20 שנה (וחלקים מהדברים הללו לא הייתי מאמינה שכך יתגלגלו...). הסימבוליות היא כפולה - גם מפה כתוואי הדרך וגם הזמן שנותן לנו פרספקטיבה על מה חלמנו להיות ומה הפכנו בסופו של דבר. לכן גם נבחרה הכותרת הספיציפית הזאת - קה סרה סרה...
בדף יש שילוב של יצרנים רבים בדפים המדוגמים ובחומרים בהם השתמשתי. אחד המרכיבים באתגר היה שימוש בטכניקה של שיוף הדפים. שייפתי את ה'מעטפה' וחלק מהדפים המדוגמים (הירוק המנוקד והחום). אני מאד אוהבת את האפקט שנוצר. הפרחים המקופלים נעשו לפי ההדרכה של WINTAM.
אנחנו יוצאים לטייל, לנצל את מזג האוויר הנפלא, רגע לפני השרב הצפוי מחר. הטבע במלוא פריחתו המדהימה, וזו התקופה היפה ביותר לטיולים, כי עוד מעט הכל יצהיב....
תודה על תשומת הלב וסופ"ש חגיגי ואביבי!

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the layers and those flowers! And so clever to use a photo with someone holding a map as part of our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

Lydia said...

What a pretty layout! I love the soft colours and feel of it. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Donelda said...

wow, I really like your page! I am so impressed with your faux envelope - what a great idea. and so much fussy cutting!!

TesaB said...

WOWZA! This page is out of this world beautiful! Such AMAZING colors!!! And the flowers - YAY!!!!!

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Beautiful layout!!!! Thanks for playing along at BITW:)

Theresa said...

wonderful job with our challenge this month. love your use of the map and you had the perfect picture to use. Thanks so much for supporting us and playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Keren Tamir said...

que sera sera what ever will be will be. I wish it was that easy thanks for joining us at BITW

Anonymous said...

Great LO and a very subtle use of maps. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

Anne Pennington said...

This is so very beautiful - I love your work Libeeti! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

חתולי8 said...

המון זמן לא הייתי כאן וכמה דברים משגעים אני רואה עכשיו! מזל שהרידר שומר לי את כל ההפתעות האלה!
דף משגע!!
כרגיל.....