Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tranquility - a lo

This lo is my take on case file no. 19 at CSI. Almost all supplies are from my May Counterfeit Kit (my 5th lo for May), I added the grayish cs, and the blue matting and the punched starbursts. 
Here's the case file:
Here are some close-ups:

The 'clues' I used for the eveidence are: paper rosettes; circles in the design and circular accesnts - buttons, circular journaling spot, stamping with bublle wrap; starbursts; wash effect with gesso. The 'clues' for the testimony are: journal in a circle and the word 'calm'. The photo is of my eldest, looking at the water on one of our travels. The whole scene is of a calmness and tranquility, and in the journaling I wrote about a song I used to sing to him when he was a baby, to calm him, and about my wish for him to always find tranquility.
I used #41 sketch from Frosted Designs, designed by Eli:
I've changed the sketch a little, and used one large photo instead of 3 small ones.
Thank you for stopping by, and I really love to read your comments.
דף מעוצב שהכנתי בעיקר עם חומרים מקיט החיקוי שלי - May Counterfeit Kit. התוספות הן הקארדסטוק האפור, קארדסטוק כחול למאטינג ולפינצ'וצים הקטנים.
הדף הוא לאתגר של צבעים/חומרים וטכניקות/השראה בכיתוב - CSI #19.  הברשתי קלות עם ג'סו, גם על הקארדסטוק וגם על השוליים של הנייר המדוגם, והחתמתי עם ניילון פצפצים. 
אני מאד אוהבת את המראה של פרחי האקורדיון, אבל הרבה פעמים נמנעת מלהכין אותם גם כי הם עתירי התעסקות (לדאוג שלא יקפצו תוך כדי ההדבקה וישארו במראה הרצוי...), וגם כי הם נותנים המון גובה בדף. הפעם הצלחתי להכין אותם יחסית די שטוחים, כי דאגתי שקיפולי האקורדיון יהיו צרים ככל האפשר.
תודה על תשומת הלב ואני תמיד שמחה לקרוא את ההערות שלכן.

10 comments:

פיית מרציפן said...

דף רגוע נעים ומקסים

Laurie said...

very nice take on the sketch, I love your colors and how you used just one photo, thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs :)

Susanne said...

You have definitely captured the feeling of tranquility with this page - well done.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors, the photo and the rosettes!!!!

karindi said...

ההחתמה עם ניילון הפצפצים כאן נראית כל כך כמו מסיכה וזה פשוט מקסים. את ממחזרת אותו או כל פעם חותכת חתיכה חדשה? הדף מקסים ומשדר בדיוק את התחושה הנכונה לכותרת...

חתולי8 said...

משגע!

Keren Tamir said...

I love this photo. I love these types of pictures. I sometimes make my kids pose but I love when I catch it naturally.
regarding the clay: they say its safe if you use it on aluminum paper not on the baking pan itself. They recommend that if you are using it regularly for clay then you should get a separate oven. I used a toaster oven I have on my counter and I don't bake polymer too often so I believe its ok.

רחלי גזית said...

אהבתי מאד את הברשת הג'סו והחתמת הפצפצים שנראית ממש חלק טריוויאלי מהדף.

Unknown said...

Beautiful job as always! Thanks for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Tenny Kusuma said...

Love this page. Simply Beautiful. Love the colors you used and the little details of embellishments.Thank you for playing along with Sketch Layout Challenge. Tenny :D