Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Sand and the Sea - a lo (and two cards)


A lo I've made for #83 The Color Room:

In the photo - my eldest with two friends at the seaside about 6.5 years ago. I did a lot of mix and match here - dp from Echo Park, Webster Pages, DCWV, October Afternoon and Making Memories. I also did a lot of stitching and used gauze, doily, music notes sheet and pearls.
Here are some close-ups on the layers and embellishments:





The sketch is from Sketchy Thursdays:

It also goes for the stitching challenge at My Creative Scrapbook forum, and the hand cut shapes at The Studio (I hand cut all shaped dp).


Next are two cards I've made from scraps I had after finishing the lo.
The first one is for #27 cas-ualfridays, which is a CAS card with design element that goes over the edge of the card front:




The second card is for the challenge at Tuesday Trio, which is a sketch with a twist - something raised.  Here's the sketch:


I changed it a little by switching the 3 flower on the upper left corner with a floral stamp, otherwise I kept it very true to the sketch. The dotty square and the accordion flower are both raised:




Well, I guess I was in a mood for accordion flowers...LOL. Anyway, I think I've used almost every scrap I had from the dp of my lo, and I'm very happy about it.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Your comments are very appreciated.

אחרי תקופה שבה המוזה די נטשה אותי, בצירוף עומס של חיי היום יום, היה לי סופ"ש די יצירתי. נתפסתי לשילוב הצבעים שנתנו השבוע ב-The Color Room, שוב שילוב שמאד לא שכיח אצלי, ולכן גם מאד מאתגר. בד"כ התמונות מכתיבות לי את בחירת הצבעים, והפעם אתגר הצבעים הכתיב את בחירת התמונה, של הבכור עם שני חברים, משחקים בחוף הים בקיסריה, לפני כ-6.5 שנים.
עשיתי mix & match מחברות שונות - Echo Park, Making Memories, October Afternoon, Webster's pages, DCWV. בנוסף השתמשתי בדוילי, דף תווים, תחבושת ופנינים והרבה הרבה תפירה ידנית. את הדפים חתכתי לצורה המעוצבת לפי שבלונה בגדלים שונים. האותיות הן 'תוצרת הארץ'.
עם השאריות שנותרו מהדפים המדוגמים המשכתי והכנתי שני כרטיסים. אני חושבת שלא נותרו עוד הרבה שאריות מהדפים הללו... ניצולת כמעט מקסימלית של החומרים.
והמוטב שחוזר בכל - פרחי האקורדיון.

תודה על תשומת הלב ושיהיה שבוע סתווי נפלא!

10 comments:

karindi said...

איזה קטע! ביום חמישי הכנתי דף מדף הרקע התכלת דו"צ הזה :)
הדף הזה מהמם!!! וגם הכרטיסים...
בהחלט הוצאת את המיטב מהחומרים ומהסקיצה...
שילוב הצבעים הזה ממש מחמיא לך!

Einat's Art World said...

ברוך שובך
הדף נהדר, אני אוהבת את שילוב הצבעים והקישוטים מקסימים.
שיהיה לך שבוע נפלא.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee that music paper and the rosettes! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kasia said...

What a cute page! Love the colors, these little cute ships and other lovely details on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Michal Shoval said...

יותר מדי זמן לא ביקרתי את הבלוג שלך... באסה לי..
כיף לחזור לראות את היצירות שלך - מוצלחות כרגיל :-)

ריקי ארברמן said...

הדף מקסים! גם הכרטיס לשלוש!
כייף ששיחקת איתנו,
ריקי ארברמן DT שלוש בשלישי

ציקוש said...

איזה כיף לראות את היצירות שלך
הן מדהימות!
אוהבת את הדף שיצרת עם הצבעים האלה
פרח האקורדיון מהמם על הכרטיסים המקסימים!
התרגום שלך לסקיצה והאתגר של שלוש בשלישי מהמם!
תודה שהצטרפת אלינו השבוע בשלוש בשלישי!
ציקוש

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous LO and beautiful cards. Love all the layers and stitching on your LO. Thanks for the close-ups too. Your work is so beautiful - I'm a new follower. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Orli said...

יצירות יפות ופרח היויו משתלב בהם מצויין
תודה שהשתתפת באתגר שלנו
אורלי - צוות DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects! I love the card you made for TT but even more I love the layout - all those yummy layers with stitching and pearls! Awesome!