Friday, November 11, 2011

Counterfeit Kit - November's kit and add-on

I found this challenge blog, called Counterfeit Kit Challenge, and I really liked the idea of it - make your own counterfeit kit of the inspiration kit, and then work with it. It a wonderful way to get you use your old supplies rather buy new ones (okay, I won't stop buying new ones, I'm just making somr room for the new ones... LOL).
Another great thing about Counterfeit Kit challenge is that they give lots of ideas and tutorials on how to make your own embellishments. Great ideas! you really should hop over there and take a look.
This months' inspiration kit is from Scraptastic Club, and they have 2 kits. I started with the "Home Sweet Home" kit, but I'm thinking of making the other kit too. Here's the inspiration kit's photo:

After I gathered most of the supplies for my counterfeit kit, I got an AWESOME happy mail - my prize from Artful Delight. The very generous Leeanne sent me lots of dp and cs, all so beautiful, and lots of extra embellishments like Thickers, all kinds of alphas, stickers, riboons, brads, mini album chipboard, etc.
I'm totally over the moon!
The funny thing is that many of the cs and dp that Leeanne gave me are identical to those in the Scraptastic inspiration kit, but I still went on with making the counterfeit kit from my old stash.
So here's my counterfeit kit:

Not exactly the same, but quite similar, isn't it? I used cs from AC, Bazzill & DCWV. The cs are also mixed companies - BasicGrey, Cosmo Cricket, Stamperia, DCWV and some un-titled ones (I have them for very long time and don't remember which companies they are).
I didn't have the same stickers/labels/cutouts/stand-outs, so I've made some myself. Here are some close ups on the embellishments, some of them are self-made:



I also made an Add-on, with extra alphas, glittered foam flourishes, rub-ons and stickers, riboons, leaves, butterflies, Imaginarium chipboard, and lots of chipboards (I have lots of them, most of them are quite neglected). Here's my Add-On:

Now I just need to start using my counterfeit kit... maybe it will bring  back my muse, which left me lately...

Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely kit! Well done on making some of your embellishments too - hope you have fun using them :)

Susanne said...

It looks like your kit captures the spirit of the original very well. And your add-on is full of fun stuff. I hope you enjoy your kit and will join in on the blog hop at month end also. Happy counterfeiting.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great challenge!! I loveeeee what you came up with! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Emily said...

Love all of your embellishments! Great job! I also love the colors in your add-on kit. Enjoy creating this month!

karindi said...

להיט!!!
קיט יפייפייה יצרת לך! כמו שאמרתי- תודה רבה על ההמלצה ואני הולכת לנסות גם!

Margie said...

Beautiful kit!! I love your mists and embellies!

Lisa said...

Your kit is delightful and what a great first one too! Wow, you like a pro already with your handmade additions and the mix of old and new and different manufacturers. I will be watching with interest what you create with this gorgeous collection of colours and products. So great to see new faces!