Thursday, February 20, 2014

Will I be Yours?

Edit: on the 'Watch List' at CSI

This is my take on case file #110 at CSI, with a photo of my beloved dog, Zeide, that I used to have more than 10 years ago.
My clues to solve the case:
Sketch by Em Stafrace- checked.
Scheme - all 5 colors are here.
Evidence - feathers, flowers, fabric, pearls, lace, solid background.
Testimony - I wrote the story of how I chose my pet, from the pet's point of view. 
The jouranling on the back of the page says: "It was a nice sunny Saturday and at noon you've arrived at the dog shelter. You were looking for a cute puppy and you stood outside the puppies kennel. 
All the puppies jumped and barked, trying to draw your attention so you'll be choosing them amongst all the puppies. There was a sweet jumpy female puppy, and she did those cute funny faces towards you, and wagged her tail. It was obvious you liked her a lot.
I was laying at the corner, not participating with the other puppies. I didn't jump, didn't wag. I just layed there, looking at you with sadness in my eyes.
A puppy or two, bigger than I was at that time, passed nearby me and bit me on my neck, with no reason, I didn't do anything to annoy them. I guess they just felt that I was one of the weaks. 
And indeed I was on of the weaks. and scared. I don't remember exactly, but I guess that being separated from my mom too early in my life (at that time I was only 6 weeks old and already stayed at the dog shelter for awhile), was bad for me. Plus I was abused by bad people, so I was very scared.
Sduddenly, I was taken out of the kennel and was put in your arms, and there was my place to feel safe and sound.
I guess you chose me for the wrong reasons, in an irrational choise, you just felt sorry for me. but with your endless love, and patience, I became more and more confident. I was never too freindly to starngers, not like my 'sister' (yes, you took both of us on that day), but I loved you deeply, and I was very loyal to you. I was your shaddow, followed you everywhere.
Thank you for choosing me to be yours. without you, I wouldn't have survived.
Your loving dog, Zeide."
I used several of dies here - TH (the film strip), CheeryLynn Designs (the doily, the lace border and the mini flourishes), Die-Namites (the flowering tree) and Die-namics (the felt flowers).
The feathers were made with different inks and a TCW mask, and then I cut into the lines.
I also used Wycinanka's chipboard frame, which was colored with distress ink and then heat embossed and dcorated with black pearls. So it fits for the 'chipboard with a difference' challenge at Scrap Africa.
I would like to enter it to the contest at Paper Issues, for the dog theme.
The white cs was sprayed with two different mists.
Here are close-ups on the details:




I would like to enter it to the flower challenge at Inspired by Stamping.
Thank you for stopping by and I appreciate every comment you care to leave me.

15 comments:

Em Stafrace said...

Amazing Libeeti! Love your page and your take on teh sketch! Wow just so beautiful! xo

Lizzy Hill said...

Brill take on the sketch...loooove the colours & those bunched up feathers:):)

Lizzyc said...

This is lovely, I enjoyed reading your journalling too.. great take on the sketch too..

Dolly B said...

Beautiful, how very lucky your puppy choose you. Beautiful journalling
Mary

Unknown said...

סיפור כל כך מרגש! אני כולי דמעות...
כמובן שגם הדף מקסים, אני תמיד אוהבת את העיצוב שלך :)

Patricia said...

Auhwww...lovely journalling... I always feel as if our dogs chose us at the shelter, not the other way round...and don't they just make the most amazing companions!!! Great page and I'm loving your feathers!!!

Rose said...

hey girlfriend!!! yup i am still around lol

as always you rock the layouts!!!! i love the feathers :) So glad you shared with us on IBS.

Janice Nicholls said...

Hey Libeeti, I am your newest follower now......Love this layout and your wonderful journaling....you have solved this case perfectly...great take on the sketch...love how you framed the special photo and love the feathers....I am also following via bloglovin so I wont miss any of your gorgeous work. x.

Denise van Deventer said...

Super, super page Libeeti! Love what you did here and the journalling is so heartfelt and endearing! Just a fabulous and beautiful page! Thanks so much for playing along with our chipboard challenge at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Val-Belle said...

Look at you and your second one for this challenge. You are on such a roll Libeeti. I love this layout so much. SO clever. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa....

Erica said...

So cute!! Love, love, love! You did such a beautiful job with Emma's sketch - Wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

Oh i love this so much, the colours are just amazing. TFS with us at Scrap Africa :)

Cathi ONeill said...

Love the design of this layout, great colors too! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Africa!!

Helen Wallace said...

Super work Libeeti and such special journalling. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa :)

Channa said...

Lovely layout, beautiful details. thank you for joining us at Scrap africa.