Saturday, February 15, 2014

I choose

This is my 3rd post today...
For my Stuck?! post, please click HERE
and for my AFSC post, please click HERE
Case file #109 at CSI was very inspiring for me, and I was very inspired by the layout my blogy friend, Val, made. If you don't know Val yet, you should really pop over to her blog. it is full of beauty and inspiration. I was inspired to scrap without a photo of one of us, rather with a book cover photo.
I used Feb sketch from C'est Magnifique, in a mixed media style. I love it! Here's the sketch:
Here's case file #109 from CSI:
My clues to solve the case:
Scheme - I've used all 5 colors. my focus was on the blue/green, then with the bold bright yellow flower, and lastly with some small touches of red.
Evidence - book pages, stack something (I always stack something, working with multi-layers... and also using mixed media techniques - lots of stacked mediums), heat embossing (on the flourish chipboard), frames and dry embossing (the navy blue frame was die cut and then embossed).
Testimony - at adolesence, I was deeply influenced by two books: East of Eden by J. Steinbeck, and Man's Search for Meaning by V. Frankl. Reading them, over and over again I might say, shaped my perspective on life, on the human soul etc., and it had become the motto of my life. This is what my jouranling is all about. I wrote it in a mini book, and adhered on the cover a photo of Frankl's book cover, and tacked it under the layers of the main photo. I also wrote a quote of Frankl, which sums the whole idea for me: "The one thing you can't take away from me, is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me... The last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to chsoos one's own way."
It also goes for the altered chipboard challenge at Scrap Africa. I used Creative Embellishments' flourish chipboard, painted with gesson and then heat embossed with olive green embossing powder. then I added a few touches with Portfolio oil pastels and pearl pen. 
And using so many mediums and mixed media techniques, I would like to enter it also for the mixed media challenge at Berry71Bleu.
Here are close-ups on the details:





Thank you for taking the time and visitng my blog. your comments are much appreciated.

18 comments:

Valerie S said...

I love that you used a book cover for this stunning layout! Thanks for joining us at C'est Magnifique Kits for our February sketch challenge.

Wilma Voermans said...

Beautiful page, love the choice of colors!

Val-Belle said...

Love this layout Libeeti... thank you so much for the shout out... you are so sweet. I think you have rocked this look and the photos are great too... I love the East of Eden book but don't know the other one so will have to check it out. :D have fun playing. xx

Mitralee said...

loving that tucked in mesh tape and all the little details I am noticing, so very pretty! LOVE IT!

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

Great page, love your chippy and all your layers. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Africa :)

Таня Паламарчук said...

Oh, I love this color! Great page!
Thanks for joining us at ScrapAfrica!

Erica said...

Love the bright colors! Beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Cathi ONeill said...

Great page Libeeti! Love the colors and layering! So glad you joined us at Scrap Africa!

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning page Libeeti! Love all the different textures and the gorgeous journalling! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Channa said...

Gorgeous page!! loving the detail, thank you for joining us at Scrap africa. Channa

Patricia said...

So happy that you used a Scrap Africa challenge as well Libeeti!!! Loving all the different textures and layers and you did an awesome job on the chipboard!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous details and textures! Such a beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71bleu!

Tracey Gregory said...

Thanks so much for playing along at Berry71Bleu!

Tusia Lech said...

Lovely layout! So very mixed media :) Thank you for playing with us at Berry71Bleu.

Helen Wallace said...

Thanks for joining us a Scrap Africa Libeeti. I love your work and share your passion for books :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty page! Thank you for sharing with us at berry71bleu!

Denise van Deventer said...

Just came back for a second time to say gorgeous page...and Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-))))

Elizna said...

Thank you for playing along with the challenge at Scrap Africa :-D