Sunday, March 3, 2013

Remember This Momemt (no journaling)

The 1st challenge at Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog is an easy peassy one - no journaling. Since journaling is, unfortunately, one of my weak spots in scrapping, it was a real relief for me to be assigned to this challenge LOL.
After being uncertain what background to use, I finally decided on the pink one. I know, not so common for boyish layouts, but I really think it goes perfectly with the mix of colors of the photo and the dp I used here.
I used a brick mask and then heat embossed it with UTEE. I also heat embossed the stampped title. I used two paper bags I've made myself (I will post a tutorial in a couple of days), an orange dotted fabric button (Purple Pumpkin's), another button and twe die-cut flowers. I also added the owls sticker, I find it very cute.
Here are some close-ups on the details:


I used #15 sketch from Scrap Africa:
This lo also goes for the chevrons challenge - frosted designs, and for the 1 photo challenge at the new challenge blog Scrap Your Story.
Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. Please leave a trail of your visit :).
האתגר הראשון בבלוג של קיט החיקוי הוא להכין דף ללא ג'ורנלינג. מאחר שג'ורנלינג הוא נקודה חלשה מאד אצלי, האתגר הזה היה קליל ביותר עבורי. כל החומרים בדף הזה הם מקיט החיקוי.
התחלתי את הדף הזה מבנייה של השכבות מתחת לתמונה - דפים מדוגמים ושקיות הנייר עם הזיגזג שהכנתי בעצמי. התלבטתי על איזה דף רקע להציב את השכבות עם התמונה. לבן חלק נראה לי כבר שגרתי מידי, כחול היה חזק מידי מול הצבעים האחרים, קראפט לא התאים. בסוף, עם תעוזה מסויימת, ניסיתי גם עם הדף הורדרד הזה, ובינגו! התאים לי בול. הפסטליות של דף הרקע הייתה הרקע המתאים ביותר לחגיגה הצבעונית של השכבות והקישוטים. לתוספת עניין, עבדתי עם מסיכה של לבנים ואח"כ הבלטה חמה עם UTEE. הצילום, כרגיל, לא משקף את הטקסטורה, שיצאה עם גלזורה מבריקה. החותמת עם המשפט הייתה הכותרת המתאימה ביותר לדף שמוקדש לתמונה של הילדודס כשהיו קטנים, מזחקים גן שעשועים באגם חי ביראון.
תודה שקפצתן לבקר ואשמח לקרוא את תגובותיכן.

27 comments:

petrii said...

I love the texture on this with the brick and UTEE. Very nice layering. Love this! Blessings ~~ dawn

Angela Toucan said...

so cute, great take on the sketch and thanks for the close up on your layers

Keren Tamir said...

love the Layout !! its beautiful and a great challenge!

Lydia said...

Love this layout! Love all the layers and colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

hi love this layout full of layers...thanks for joinig us at Frosted Designs

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

Great take on the sketch :) Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap Africa :)

Anonymous said...

יפה לך הורוד, ומתפיע! יופי של דף. אש קטנה

Katharinka // Kasia Grzegorzewska said...

!!!Fantastic page
((:Love the layers
Thans for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :*

Cathi ONeill said...

Wonderful layout! Love your design Thanks so much for playing with us at Frosted Designs

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love your layering. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

Jimjams said...

Fab page - glad you got a rest from journalling this time.

glorygirl said...

I love this on the pink background!

Jscraps4u said...

Simply gorgeous! I love all the layers on your design and I think the pink is perfect! Thanks for playing along at SYS! ~JB

Jessica said...

The brick mask is so much fun, and one I need to add to my own collection! And I really like that you used pink on this page, it is a good complement for the other colors. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Story.

Lisa said...

pink works so well. the layers and elements all work so well together - great mix of stuff

Christy said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the layers and that owl is adorable!!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap Your Story and I hope we'll see you back next week! :)

Andrea said...

wonderful! I love all of the layers! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Your Story!

orange gearle said...

I love those beautiful layers of fun! Thanks for playing at Scrap Your Story!

Val-Belle said...

Hello Libiti I am so glad that you decided to play along with us at SYS. I love your layout and I love your blog. I am now following you. Hope you play along again. hugs

Brandi Matos said...

So nice to have you with us at SYS!!! Thanks for playing along!!! !!!Oh what a wonderful Lo

Jennifer Grace said...

I like the bricks in the background, and the owls are so cute! Great no-journaling page! x

all the days of our life said...

this is so pretty Libety, I love how you layered the fram.e

Denise van Deventer said...

Super layout Libeeti! Love the layering and the great mix of papers, plus those cute owls! Sweet photo too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Unknown said...

Love all the layers!

Channa said...

Excellent take on the sketch and great layering. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa, Channa

217 Creations said...

Great layout! Thanks for linking up at Frosted Designs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVING the owl!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!