Friday, March 1, 2013

March Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop - The Bright Side of Life

A new month means a new counterfeit kit and blog hop!  
This month we have a talented scrapper to join us as a Guest Designer - Dawn. You should hop to her blog and see all her beautiful works!
If you came here from Julie's blog, then you're on the right track. If you came here directly and you want to do the hop, please start at Counterfit Kit Challenge blog, and follow the line of Master Forgers' blogs.
This month's inspiration kit is  Soda Shoppe from Noel Mignon:
What cought my eyes with this kit was how colorful and cheerful it is, so I went with most of it's colors - red, orange, yellow, blue (with different shades of this color), some green and a little grey.
My papers:
Solid cs in red, cream, kraft, white and blue;
Patterned papers:
1st row - My Mind's Eye 'On the Sunny Side'/Sweet Chevron; Fancy Pants 'Childish Things'/Toy Box, 'Summer's End'/Changing; Crate Paper 'Farmhouse' collection/ Cross Stitch; Pink Paislee 'Vingage Vogue'/Beauty Parlor; DCWV/The Cafe' Mediterranean Stack.
2nd row - Jillibean Soup Country Pumpkin Chowder/Toasted Pumpkin Seeds; My Mind's Eye 'Indie Chic'/What a day; Jillibean Soup 'Country Pumpkin Chowder'/Ground Cinnamon; Echo Park Dots&Stripes/Banana Tiny Dots; Fancy Pants 'Summer's End'/Cards; Echo Park 'So Happy Together'/Happy Tune.
Here are some close ups on the ebmellihsments:


The embellishments: Cosmo Cricket stickers, American Crafts Thickers (Doll), My Little Shoebox tiny alphas, Doodlebug alphas rub-ons, Hebrew velvet alphas, Purple Pumpkin fabric buttons and star flair buttons, homemade paper straws (here's a tutorial how I've made them), an assortment of buttons from my stash, pre-cut glitter foam stars (with my bigshot), homemade chevrons envelopes (I will be posting a tutorial in a few days), 3-D owls stickers (unknown manufacturer), washi tapes (some of them are Purple Pumpkin's) and stickers (I can't recognize the manufacturer).
I've already made a lo from this kit, my DT submission for About A Boy March 1st challenge, and I will be posting it tomorrow, along with the winners of my giveaway. On Sunday, March 3rd, I will be posting my lo for CKC 1st challenge, so there are plenty of reasons to come back here in the next few days :)).
Your next stop on the hop is the delightful Lisa, with her awesome counterfeit kit. 
Thank you for stopping by!
חודש חדש משמעו קיט חיקוי חדש. קיט ההשראה הפעם היה צבעוני  ועליז, ומלא בדגמים של זיגזגים. הלכתי בעקבות ההשראה של הצבעים העליזים והדוגמאות, והרכבתי את הקיט שלי, אם כי הוא קטן יותר מקיט ההשראה (שהוא עצמו פשוט ענק). הכנתי גם חלק מהקישוטים בעצמי - את 'הקשים מנייר' ואת שקיות הנייר עם דוגמת הזיגזגים. העליתי כבר פוסט הדרכה ל'קשים' ובקרוב מאד אעלה גם פוסט הדרכה לשקיות הנייר. הוספתי לקישוטים גם סטיקרים, סרטי וואשי טייפ, כפתורי בד מנוקדים (הם פשוט מקסימים!), כפתורי עץ ופלסטיק מהאוסף הפרטי, כפתורי מתכת עם כוכבים, וחיתוכי סול מנצנץ שנחתכו בעזרת הביג שוט.
דף ראשון מהקיט הזה כבר הכנתי,  לאתגר של About A Boy, ואעלה אותו מחר, ביחד עם הזוכים בבלוג קנדי שלי. ביום ראשון יעלה פוסט עם הדף שהכנתי מהקיט הזה לאתגר הראשון בבלוג של קיט החיקוי, אז יש הרבה סיבות נהדרות לחזור לכאן בימים הקרובים :))).
כל חודש יש מצטרפות נוספות מישראל לקיט החיקוי ואני שמחה על כך מאד. יש המון יתרונות לעבודה עם קיט, הוא חוסך המון זמן בהתלבטויות באיזה דפים ובאיזה קישוטים להשתמש. אפשר גם לבנות קיטים מצומצמים, ולא חייבים להכין קיט ענקי. אז מי  מצטרפת החודש?
תודה שקפצתן לבקר, ואשמח לקרוא את תגובותיכן.

15 comments:

Julie H said...

You've got so many fun, cute details in this kit - I know you're going to love working with it!

Lesley G said...

Great colours in your kit - thanks for the paper straws tut - I've seen some in a shop at ridiculous prices

Angela Toucan said...

so wonderfully vibrant. The owls are sweet and the straws look fabulous. off to check out your tutorial.

glorygirl said...

Your kit looks like a lot of fun! Love the straws and the cute owls!

Susanne said...

Ooo what a fun kit. I am always interested to see what role blue will play in your kits , it seems to be a signature color for you. This bright blue is fun.

Mary B said...

I love your little owls they are so cute

petrii said...

Such a beautiful kit and thank you for the kind words. I'm SO excited to be the guest designer this month. Blessings, dawn

joyce rodli said...

nicely done.

MiliPea Designs said...

You have some wonderful embellies in here! Beautiful kit!

Lisa said...

Libeeti, I adore your bright kit. I think this might be my favourite kit of yours ever! It's just fabulous.

Sassy Breese said...

I am always delighted by your generous use of product on your layouts.

Julene Matthews said...

Great kit and items Liberti

Jennifer Grace said...

Your kit looks brilliant - I love the owls and the washi tape! x

Unknown said...

I love the colours you have chosen and the very cute owl embellishments!

sassyscrapper said...

Those owls are FAB It has been a crazy busy month so I am just getting a chance to peek in on everyone. You matched the kit wonderfully!