Friday, March 9, 2012

My March Counterfeit Kit - You Are My Sunshine

I love the concept behind Counterfeit Kit Challenge - use a kit from a kit club as inspiration to create your own kit from supplies you already have. 
This month they have a beautiful kit for inspiration, Birds of a Feather Kit Club, full of yummy blue/yellow/grey colors. here's a photo of the kit for inspiration:
For my counterfeit kit I followed the color scheme, with addition of kraft. in the kit: 4 cs - white, kraft, blue & grey. dp from different manufacturers - Glitz, My Mind's Eye, DCWV, October Afternoon, LilyBee design. the white corrugated cs is part of an A4 sheet, and I added a piece of kraft corrugated cs. cs labels are Authentique and the alphas stickers are Webster's Pages. more alphas velvet stickers in Hebrew are from al local manufaturer. the set of wooden butterflies from Kaisercraft is the same one as in the inspiration kit.
I did put much more embellishments in my kit than on the inspiration kit, some I've made myself (the title die-cut, flowers, etc., a freebie (the jurnaling card, from Creativity Prompt).
Here are photos of some the embellies I've added:
With all these added embellishments, I still felt something is missing, so I've made an 'add-on kit', this time with more vintage style - A Vintage Sunny Day:

More cs (white & kraft 12x12 and some black & kraft A4), more dp (DCWV, Authentique, Glitz, MME),  lots of Prima flowers in the kit's colors (must use these hoarded flowers!), more twine, crocheted doilies, punched kraft flowers, Crate Paper chipboards embellishments, more alphas, ric-rac ribbon, rhinestons and more btrads, tickets, die-cut phrases and title, more tags and buttons. to complete the vintage style, I added music note sheet and an old book sheet  (I guess I did put a lot of embellishments... hope to use most of them).
Some of the ingredients of this kit were made by myself. the blue woodgrain dp:
the title die-cut was made on a faux woodgrain piece of cs I've made myself and with computer generated sentiment:
and some recycle items - kraft butterflies, clouds and flower - punched from a popcorn package and a cloth tag:
Here are both the main kit and the add-on kit, all packed and ready for use:
I hope you like my counterfeit kit. now it's time to use it!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!

פעם נוספת שאני משתתפת באתגר בבלוג שהרעיון המרכזי בו הוא ליצור קיט חיקוי לקיט קיים שמשמש כקיט ההשראה לחודש הנתון, והכל מחומרים שממילא יש לנו כבר. אפשר לחקות את פלטת הצבעים, את הדגמים והסוג של הניירות והקישוטים וכיוצ"ב. הרעיון המרכזי הוא - חסכון. ליצור מתוך מה שיש כבר ולא לקנות חדש (או לקנות השלמות בתקציב מוגבל). בבלוג מעלים גם המון הדרכות להכנה עצמית של מרכיבים בקיט (ניירות, קישוטים וכיוצ"ב).
בהתאם לרוח זו, הכנתי בעצמי את הדף המדוגם עם המראה של עץ מיושן (הכחול), את אחד מחיתוכי הכותרות, ועוד כמה וכמה קישוטים (חלקם פינצ'וצ'ים מאריזה של פופקורן :)))...).
הצבעים של קיט ההשראה מאד דיברו אלי - כחול/צהוב/אפור. הוספתי עליהם גם קראפט.
קיט ההשראה היה דל, לטעמי, בקישוטים, אז הוספתי כהנה וכהנה קישוטים בצבעים המתאימים, חלקם גם כן בייצור עצמי.
עכשיו נשאר להשתמש בקיט, או לפחות ברובו... אתגר בפני עצמו.

תודה על תשומת הלב וסופ"ש אביבי נפלא!

9 comments:

TesaB said...

Oh, what a super FUN challenge, and such a great way of using up ones supply. LOVE your kit AND ad on!!! I spot loads of yummy stuff - blue stuff and crochet flowers!!! Can´t wait to see what you'll come up with using it!!!

MiliPea Designs said...

I love the idea of adding kraft to the kit! It gives it a little extra something! Great kit!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That kit is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lisa said...

I love the stuff you made yourself! Wow! There's some really lovely items in there and your add on is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you create

Susanne said...

Your kit looks great - I especially like that you did some of your own designed paper and other elements. Have fun using it this month.

Lisa said...

Beautiful kit. Love all the embellishments.

Mary B said...

I love all the bits you have gathered and especially the things you have made yourself. that woodgrain pp for instance is superb

Margie said...

Gorgeous kit!! I love the homemade paper, fantastic!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Your kit is sooooo gorgeous!!! Well done! xoxo