Saturday, September 20, 2014

My Childhood Adventures - CSI case file no. 140

There's an awesome new case file at CSI, case file #140:
And this is my take on this case file:
I used the sketch #123 from Sketchabilities (did you know thery're having a DT call?):
My clues to solve this case file were:
Scheme - all 5 colors are here.
Evidence - polka dots, hearts, wet medium, twine.
Testimony - my journaling, on the hidden tab behind the photo, is about my childhood adventures, as told to my boys on a roots tour we had a few months ago, and it reads: "What were my childhood adventures? Climbing high on a tree and waiving to my mom, who was on the balcony of our home. she was so afraid to scream at me, in case I would just fall off the tree; Putting a string across the sidewalk, while it was already darkness, with a plastic can with water, and bursting into laughter when people just stumbtled and the got wet by the water spilled on them; It was to pick pine nuts and crash their shells with a stone against the sidewalk, dreaming we were part of some acient tribe; Or thinking the high tree we climbed up was a plane, and I wad the pilot taking us to distant countries. What will your childhood adventures be, those that you will tell your future kids, my future grandkids?"
It also goes for Sept challenge at Scrap Around The World, with this beautiful moodboard:
I was very inspired by the vintage look of the books and the steampunk heart and by the redish/greenish colors of the books photo, and I tried to follow it with my design.
Here are some close-ups on the details:



Here's a 'strat to finish video, how I made this lo:
Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments very much!

18 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

one word, sensational x

Anonymous said...

Saw you tutorial video and I have to follow you here. Such an amazing layout. Thank you very much for participating our challenge at Sketchabilities.

Eshktana said...

וזה נקרא מאסטרפיס. אש

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous page....& I really enjoyed your video cos it was short, told all the steps really easily & had great shots of what you'd done....LOVING your layers on this one!!!

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful page!Love your page!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Absolutely amazing! Love the beautiful background and all those layers!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

C.Lam. said...

This is a very beautiful page!!!Thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities!

Val-Belle said...

Love this layout Libeeti and great design. It has a kind of a vintage feel to it. Lots of gorgeous layers and lovely background. <3 Love the video too :D

zuziucha said...

You reached a great vintage look here. I really love it. Thank you for playing along with SATW!

Terhi Koskinen said...

I can not believe how you combined three challenge into a one layout, and it's perfect! Well done Libeeti!
Thank you for playing along with us at SATW <3

Татьяна said...

Very nice page. I like the background and the layers. Thank you for playing along with SATW!

langeatheart said...

Stunning page! Love the background! Really like your layers and the textures brought out with all your embellishments! All the best from SATW! :)

Sandra said...

Thank you for the video, your layout is really lovely, especially the background work and the layering.

Ella Swan said...

Wonderful! Thanks so much for playing at SATW!!

Rikki Graziani said...

Love the layers. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

Jo said...

This is a gorgeous page Libeeti! I love the vintage feel and all the elements are perfect. Thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities :)

Hera said...

My sweet friend, your page is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SATW and at SKETCHABILITIES!

Ania Komenda said...

beautiful, vintage design; thanks for playing with SATW