Monday, September 15, 2014

Dream (live full the life you have imagined) - Stuck?! Sept 15th reveal

A new sketch at Stuck?! Sketches, and I was really inspired by this sketch, though my take on it is a little different from the original sketch.
Here's the sketch:
And this is my take on it:
As you can see, I didn't use multi-photos, but instead of the rectangles in the original sketch, I used diamond  chipboards (Creative Embellishments) as an accent to the photo I used.
This lo is full of mixed media techniques and mediums - gesso, stencils, masking and misting, modeling paste, stamping, embossing, etc.
I was inspired by two challenges - the challenge at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo for September, with the theme of 'Imagine':
I tried to give a dreamy look and feeling to my page. I strongly believe that setting one's imagination free, dreaming, is aSn essential part of a healthy soal. building castles in the sand, which is what my boy was doing when I took this photo, is one of the ways to set your imagination free.
The other challenge I was inspired by is the September moodboard at Sassy Scrappers:
Isn't this moodboard just gorgeous? I was inspired by the colors, the beach theme and the distressing look. I tried to mimic the sand look with the embossing powder, and I added some stamped shells.
I would also like to enter it to September's challenge at Creative Embellishments, which is to use a fav CE products. I just LOVE their chippies, and can't have enough of them :). and it also goes for the 'Summer Memories' challenge at Stampendous, and I used some of their gorgeous embossing powders.
Here are some close-ups on the details:





Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I appreciate every comment you care to leave me.

18 comments:

JaMajka said...

I love the colors <3 and I love composition of this work! Thank you for joining Scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge.

Val-Belle said...

This layout is beautiful Libeeti and the texture is just lovely. A real dreamy beach feel. Way to go on incorporating three challenges. AMAZING!. I love how your scrapping has evolved... Mixed media queen :D xx

dstandard said...

Such a totally gorgeous page Libeeti! Totally awesome! Fabulous texture and just screams beach!

Kasia Bogatko said...

Very nice project witj lovely details :) Thank you for playing with us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo :)

Taniko said...

Gorgeous details!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page love the muted colours and background details!

DeeDee Catron said...

your gold and blue is glorious :) Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo ♥

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Cool pic and super fun page! Love the colors, textures, layers and fun techniques used!! Thanks for playing along at CE.

wendyp said...

Wow! What a gorgeous background! Love the texture! Thanks for joining us for Stampendous Summer Memories Challenge!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Such dreamy and delicate colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

Unknown said...

AMAZING page! Love the fabulous bg textures and details! Wonderful torn edges and splatters too! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments September Challenge!

Michelle said...

Stunning! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

Tusia Lech said...

Beautiful! You have created amazing textures! Thank you for joining us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo this month.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous chippy treatment!!! Stunning LO! Love this!! Thank you for playing along with Creative Embellishments!!

Shona said...

so yummy love that background! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

Yasmin said...

Awesome Layout! Really want to go to the beach now. Love the mixed media! Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo :)

Chantalle said...

What a beautiful interpretation of the moodboard. I especially love those diamonds. Thank you so much for joining us at Sassy for September!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous gorgeous page! fabulous textures. thanks again for joining us at Sassy. :)