Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We Were Kids (and it was a long time ago)

This is my 2nd post today.
For my Stuck?! reveal post, 
please click HERE. thank you!
Edit: Winner at Orange Paperie&Co.
Thank you!
On the 'Watch List' at CSI

April 1st challenge at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge is up, with a wonderufl prompt - "scrap or art journal about a favorite pastime from your youth. Was it a sport, fishing, cycling, reading or teasing your older brother?". 
So I took an old photo of my brother and me, playing is a natural pool on a summer vacation. I think it was 1968 or 1969. 
It was also a perfect match with case file 116 at CSI, as one of the testimony options was to be inspired by a song title or lyrics for the journaling. My title says, in Hebrew: "We were kids, and it was so long ago", and it was taken from a very beautiful Israeli song, talking about childhood memories of the singer, Yossi Banai' who grew up in Jerusalem. If you're interested, you can hear the song and see translation of the lyrics :) :
I used the sketch from Scrap365, only turned it to the side, but I think you can still see the sketch in my page:
I was inspired by the work of two very talented scrappers: Georgia Heald and Sanna Lippert. If you are not familiar with them, you should do yourself a favour, and pop over to their blogs, trust me you won't be disappointed.
I would like to enter this lo also for the 'Vintage with a twist' challenge at Orange Paperie&Co.  You should pop over to see what beautiful creations are posted there, and they're so much friendly :).
Anyway, here's case file #116 at CSI:
My clues to solve this case were:
Scheme - all colors are here.
Evidence - music elemnts (music notes stamp on the background), circles, metal, buttons, labels, use something that runs on electricity to make your layout (having a mixed media lo, I sure used my heat gun a lot...), diagonal cross-hatch pattern (a stamp on the background and on the right bottom corner).
Testimony - inspired by the song lyrics, I wrote about fun vacation memories from my childhood: "Sleeping in a tent, jumping to the cold water, floating inside tires at the pool, pulling out air from vehicles' wheels, and then running to hide behind Mom&Dad's back, oh our family's summer vacations, simple yet so enjoyable."
Here are some close-ups on the details:






So what was YOUR fav pastime when you were young (not that your not young now... LOL)? scrap about it and share it with us at AFSC. we'd love to see it.
Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I appreciate every comment you care to leave me.

14 comments:

Dolly B said...

So beautiful Libeeti. Love the touches of red, just perfect. Such a gorgeous colour combination adn what a fantastic photo. Love the layering, your pin wheel and embellishments, well just everything really. Congrats on the GD gig, we are lucky girls :)
Mary

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous Libeeti! Such fabulous background and layering! Your details make it just wonderful!

Val-Belle said...

Another stunning layout Libeeti. LOve the design and the little pop of red is so pretty. Love the photo too... The pinwheel you made is fab. Hope to get a chance to play along this month.

Terhi Koskinen said...

This is beautiful, so calm - I love the way you used our sketch, and love the way you used CSI's color palette. Great job! :)
Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap365!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous...& Two of my fave scrappers, too!! Love how you've managed to use this page for the different challenges...very clever of you:):)

Fearless said...

Beautiful project! love the details and layers xxx
thanks for sharing it with us at Scrap365 !
hugs xxx
SandraP

Helen Wallace said...

Delightful childhood memories captured and recorded. The lighting in the photo captures the feeling of a dream. The pops of red are perfect and I luuurve that black and white button :D

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful Libeeti, just beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along again at OP. X

Anne Pennington said...

Wow - you got a lot of challenges in and remained true to them all - LOVE to see that. Always an honour to have your work at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, Libeeti - LOVING THIS DESIGN!!!

Jasmine S said...

Wonderful page and I just love the close ups to see the detail in there.
Thanks for joining in this month at Scrap365.

Jo said...

My gosh this is a beautiful page! Fantastic layers & really like how you've used the colours. And a lovely photo as well, a wonderful memory. Thanks for playing at orange Paperie & co.

Bellaidea said...

Very cute photo and pretty pagethank you so much for joining Scrap 365 this month!,

annette said...

WOW Libeeti .. this is stunning .. great layers . thanks for playing along on SCRAP365...

Unknown said...

Wow, what an amazing layout this is - love love love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap365