Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Sweet Baby

Last week we were on our Passover holiday, and traveld a lot, so I didn't have the time to make a lo as a DT for the current case file at CSI, but I still loved the palette very much, so I decided to make a lo for this case file. I used my April counterfeit kit. I used some gorgeous chipboard by Wycinanka.
I used April's sketch from PageMaps:
How I solved the case? here are my clues:
Scheme - used all 5 colors.
Evidence - tags, frames, metal (the flair buttons), labels.
Testimony - hidden journaling on a tag, behind the pp on the left side, and it says: "On Passover 2006 you still didn't walk and when I put you on the blanket at the seaside, you started crawling all around. But when you reached the end of the blanket and touched the sand, you backed and returned to the safe boundaries of the blanket. Years after, we discovered that you have SPD and hence your recoiling from the sand. With time passing, you no longer withdraw from the sand, the opposite - you just love to play with the it and to dig in."
I would like to enter this lo also for the current challenge at Scrap Africa, which is 'distressing with a difference'. the twist is to use household items for the distressing. what a fun challenge!
 I used coffee to distress the edges of the background paper, and after it was dry, I slightly distressed it with a smoothing foot file :). I really loved this challenge, as it made me use techniques I no longer use, so big Thank You, Scrap Africa!
Here are a few close-ups on the details:






Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I appreciate every comment you care to leave me.

13 comments:

Maria said...

Very cute layout! Like a lot of charming details!

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful layout, sweet photos and love all the layers under your photo. I hope your Passover time was very special!

Dolly B said...

I love how you do your layering, gorgeous, happy photos and lovely journalling. Aren't the file tabs great! I am loving using them. Thanks for popping by my blog and your lovely comments. Hope you have had a lovely holiday and Passover time.
Mary x

Janice Nicholls said...

Such a gorgeous layout Libeeti...love all the gorgeous layers, frames, journaling and photos. Love this!!

Virginia said...

Wow that's an amazing layout I love that layout.

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout, good job on solving the case file (I still need to try one of these :)

Val-Belle said...

This is such a beautiful layout Libeeti and I could have sworn I had commented here already... Clearly suffering from CRAFT disease ;). I love the colours and those photos are just to cute. Great sketch to work from and I love the distressing. So innovative. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa <3

Erica said...

I absolutely love your layers and how you framed your photos! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

Clair said...

Full of amazing little details! Beautiful!

Helen Wallace said...

I think I have the same disease Val. Another beautiful page Libeeti - love the layers and the colour choice. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Africa :D

Maremi's Small Art said...

Love this page !!!! So happy that you have joined our team, once more big congrats !!! loove Marta x

Lisa said...

a great layout that really brings out thedetail in that sketch.

asica.p said...

super LO, I really loved them :)|Thank you for playing with us in Scrap Afica blog!