Sunday, July 15, 2018

Follow Your Heart - case file no. 258 at CSI

At CSI blog we have a new case file, with a beach theme inspiration. Here's the inspiration photo:
I made a layout full of sea and nautical treasures, and lots of mixed media. 
one of the Runners Up at

I used my counterfeit mini kit for this layout.
To 'solve the case' I went the old school way: used all 5 colors from the scheme, from the evidence I used stripes, beach/nautical elements, animal (the seahorse on the bottom), circles, wet medium, grainy things (embossing powder, texture paste and mini art stones), and shells (real and stampped and heat embossed). In my journaling I documented one of our visits to the Red Sea.
The chipboard title is from Creative Embellishments and it was coverd with white gesso, and then heat embossed with four different embossing powders. I love how it came out.
Here are some close-ups on the details:

some real seashells, with mini artstones

Some wooden ship wheels, along with a compass chipboard, heat embossed with Lindy's ep (Angel Wings Gold):

You can see how the compass simply shines with this ep! I added a sticker with "8", as it was my boy's age at that time.

Along with real seashells, I alos added some stampped seashells over vellum, which I then heat embossed with Lindy's ep (Orange Creamsicle). It got a lovely sandy look:

I also stamped and heat embossed seashells directly on the paper. Adding some dew drops in matching colors, gave a feeling of treasures from under the sea: 

To get even more of the seaside look, I added lots of Prima/Finnabair mini art stones:



Using texture paste over a stencil, along with some Blue Fern's stamps, and 7Dots' stamps:

As for the title, after covering it with Finnabair heavy white gesso, I used 4 Lindy's ep! ( C'est la vie Cerise, Twilight Bloue Slate, Midnight Sapphire and Orange Creamsicle):


I stamped this cute seahorse and tucked it between the wavy borders on the bottom:

I also made a 'start to finish' video:

I would like to enter this layout to the following challenges:
More Than Words: beach +seashells:


As there's a limit to combining challenges at the MTW blog, I've removed my entry from the other challenges.

Creative Embellishments

I was inspired by the colors of blue, red and white, the way the graphic is splitted between the colors, and ths splatters.

Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments very much.

22 comments:

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful layout with so many wonderful detail and so many lovely layers...this is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Marci said...

Fabulous texture and dimension! Terrific work! Thanks for joining us for the July Challenge @ CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

Anat Weksler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anat Weksler said...

Darling, that's absolutely fantastic LO!! Thanks for joining us at Studio75 Challenge!

Lin said...

What a fantastic layout - I feel like I'm at the shore! Love that board background and all the nautical elements! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

France Ringuette said...

This is truly a beauty.Great job on the details. Thanks for joining our More Than Words challenge. I would encourage you to revise the challenge participation rules, as we do have a limit of combining your entry to 2 other challenges. Best of luck and hope to see more of your work in the upcoming months.

Dana Tatar said...

Awesome beach layout! I love all the textured layers and the "waves" of color along the bottom of the page. Thanks for joining the Creative Embellishments July Challenge!

Rosalie5962 said...

Wow this is amazing. Thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge

Unknown said...

I love it to the bits !! Amazing details and texture !! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words !! <3

Cindy Major said...

What a fantastic page! Love the colors and wonderful textures!

Sandi Clarkson said...

I adore everything about this! Great color combo for a beach theme! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

Martina Stoycheva said...

Amazing layout!! So much to look and explore, so much texture...
Thank you for joining us at More Than Words.

Nicole Doiron said...

Your page is gorgeous!Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

langeatheart said...

Stunning take on our Mood board this Month! I love how you embellished this so beautifully! Well done! All the best from MTW! :)

Peninia / Gosia said...

Pięknie :) Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Studio75. Pozdrawiam -Gosia

LCSmithSAVED said...

Oh my goodness, I am swooning over this GORGEOUS layout! Fabulous layering & detail - I could look at this for an hour... zo inspiring!

Lisa said...

What a simply amazing layout! It's just so detailed and incredible and intricate! I love it :-) You are just so talented at these types of dimensional creations! Wow, I'm in awe!

Lisa said...

So... I've just watched the video and two questions...1. How long does a layout like this take you to make? 2. How do you store your dimensional layouts? I find that my older layouts which were much more dimensional than today (but still mostly paper based dimension) are difficult to store in albums.

Mary Tzalla said...

Amazing layout with so many layers and beautiful details! Thank you so much for playing along with us at More Than Words!

Heather said...

such an awesome project so many beautiful details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments

Debbi Tehrani said...

Stunning page, Libeeti! The details and textures are just awesome!

Anat Weksler said...

Absolutely gorgeous project! Matches perfectly Studio75 challenge! Thank you for playing along at Studio75 challenge.