Saturday, May 19, 2018

Happiness is not a destination, it's a way of life - a canvas for 13@rts

Winner at Scrap & Craft
May 2018 challenge

Happy Saturday dear crafty friends!
Today at 13@rts blog, I'm sharing my last project as a Guest Designer.

I've used my May Counterfeit kit for this canvas.

After I've finished the layout, I decided to place it on a canvas, to hang on the wall at my work, as a constant reminder of all the goods in my life, and how grateful I'm for them.

I started by priming the patterned paper with clear gesso. Then I used white gesso over a stencil. The next stage was adding the colors, all dilutted with water, to get the soft pastel look.

On top of the turqouise colors, I addes splashes of brown and gold, and when dried, I stamped around with verious stamps.

I matted the photo on another patterned paper, and backed it on a chipboard to get some dimension. I also adhered the inspiration phrase sticker on the photo.

I adhered the chipboards and the flowers using gell medium. For the final touch, I splatter again with gold and brown mists.

I took a canvas, just a little bigger than the patterned paper, and colored the edges with  pastel turqouise mist, diluted with water. I distressed the edges, both of the pattenred paper and the canvas, with some distress ink, and adhered the patterned paper on the canvas. 
13@rts products that I've used:

Patterned papers:
Alice in Candyland - Destination unknown
Until Dawn - Cold day

Gesso clear
Gesso white
Gel medium
stencil - Berries

Paints: 
Color glow Emerald
Splash! white ink

Mists:
Pearl olive green
Pastel turqouise
Pearl gold
Pearl brown light
Chalk turqoise

Here are close-ups on the details:








I've used Scrapiniec chipboards, Kaisercraft stamps, Lindy's Gang embossing powders, I am Roses flowers and TH distress ink.

I would like to enter it to the following challenges:
Art Playground - May chllenge 'all about the center'. my main element is the photo, so I've placed in in the center of the design, and adhered the inspiration phrase on the photo itself. I also placed the flower clusters to the photo to draw the attention toward it.
Scrap and Craft - use 3 chipboards. I have the title and bordsrs on both sides of the photo (park avenue borders 01 and borders 05)
Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo - blue sky. I was inspired by the sky and by the turqouise colors.
I am Roses - anything goes. All the flower on this canvas (9!) are IAR.

Thank you for stopping by! your comments are much appreciated.

9 comments:

ankitag612 said...

WoW! This card is breathtaking! I love mixed media projects and yours is so stunning! The paint splatters on the whole canvas really add so much interest to the whole project! So utterly beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

such a beautiful and deep background! Love all the layers you have going on!
well done!
Thank you for playing along with us over simon says stamp monday challenge, we all hope to see you again soon!
x Zoey

Rachel Parys said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the whole page!! Thanks for joining us at I Am Roses!

einat said...

Beautiful layout! Love everything about it!

simo said...

What a beautiful layout/camvas...love the texture and the details. Thank you for playing along with us at the Scrap & Craft May Challenge! Take care xxx

Susan said...

This is really stunning, Libeeti! You've used such pretty shades of blue (my favorite color) and the texture just puts the canvas right over the top!

Ksenia Vesnina said...

Interesting texture and beautiful colors! Thank you for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge :)

Martina Stoycheva said...

Lovely canvas and greeat texture! Thank you for joining us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo.

darianna_neko said...

So beautiful canvas! Thank you for playing with us at Art Playground Blog! :)