Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunshine Smiles

The palette of case file #104 at CSI was a little intimidating for me, but I was determined to give it a try :-). The hardest color was, obviously, the pink one.
I've made the background with Portfolio Oil Pastels, stamping, washi tape, masking with textured modeling paste and gesso. The photo is of my eldest, when he was about 5 months old, and I printed it on a canvas sheet, so it's a little grainy.
The clues I've used to solve the case were:
Scheme - I've used all 5 colors.
Evidence - frames, hearts, polka dots, paint (gesso, Portfolio Oil pastels, inks), doily.
Testimony - since the page is quite busy, the journaling is on the back of the page, and it says: "You've smiled an intended smile when you were only 3 weeks old. I knew it was an intended smile, and since then you kept smiling. Since you were a baby, you used to wake up with a sunshine smile. You start your days with a smile and it always makes my heart sing. May you remain with your sunshine smiles for the rest of your life."
I used the sketch from ScrapFriends #21:
Here are some close-ups on the details:





Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comments.
דף עליז וצבעוני שהכנתי בהשראת האתגר ב-CSI. תודה ענקית לענת מאיקס מיקס, ש'אילצה' אותי לקחת את צבעי השמן המדהימים הללו. כל כך נהניתי ליצור איתם את הרקע, והעבודה איתם פשוט זורמת ומייצרת אפקטים נפלאים.
תודה שקפצתן לבקר, וכמו תמיד אשמח לקרוא את תגובותיכן.

6 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

Well you really rocked the pink Libeeti....love the photo on canvas and the interlinked frames, however it's your journalling that steals my heart....just beautiful :D

Lizzy Hill said...

This really is lovely. That background masking works soooo nicely:):):)

Nicole H-b said...

Waooooo very very gorgeous , love the colors and this photo is so cute!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Absolute awesome page. I love the combination of the CSI challenge with the ScrapFriends sketch. Loving all the mixed media.

מושית10 said...

דף נפלא! התמונה - היא פשוט כובשת את הלב...

zenevak said...

Adorable photo! Great use of the sketch and lovely details! Thank you for joining us at ScrapFriends!