Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fav Icecream

Edit: this lo was on
the Most Wanted list at CSI

A new lo I've made with September sketch challenge at My Mind's Eye, and case file #91 at CSI.
Here's the sketch from MME:
My clues to solve the case were:
Scheme - all colors used (the khaki green doesn't show well in the photos, with a very bright sunny day when I took the photos, but that's the color of the leaves under the big flower, and of the flat flower under the small coral flower).
Evidence - leaves, wet medium (modeling paste, distress stains), stripes, border punch, tearing.
Testimony -IW - Enjoy. in my jouranling I documented one of our family traditions of enjoying a soft icecream in a certain place where we go on almost every trip we take to the north. This icecream is loved by all of us (which is not that obvious, since my eldest doesn't like icecream at all...). It's a family tradition since my childhood, and we still keep it :).
Both the big flower and the smaller one are handmade, and I used two distress stain to get the right color, to match the pink/red coral hue of the MME dp and the one that's in the challenge.
I did some mix&match of MME products from different collections: Miss Caroline, Lost&Found 2, Indie Chic, Lost&Found 3, Find Your Wings and Fly (okay, I admit - I'm a big hoarder). I also used Prima mask with modeling paste, MS lace border punch and AC Thickers.
Here are some close-ups on the details:




Before you go, just a reminder that tomorrow is reveal day at Sketchabilities (where I'm part of the DT), with sketch #100, so please come back so see what page I've made with Karan's gorgeous sketch.
Thank you for  stopping by!
דף שהכנתי לאתגר משולב ב-CSI וסקיצה חודשית של My Mind's Eye. השתמשתי במוצרים מקולקציות שונות של MME (חלקם כבר די ישנים, אבל עדיין מאד אהובים עלי). עם משחת עיצוב ומסכה של פרימה יצרתי קצת מסגרת מתחת לכל השכבות. חלק מהקישוטים הם גזירה עדינה של אלמנטים מדפים של MME. הפרחים, גם הגדול וגם הקטן, הם הפעם מתוצרת עצמית. הגעתי לגוון שלהם ע"י ערבוב של שני גוונים של distress stain.
תזכורת קטנה - מחר אני אעלה דף שהכנתי כחלק מצוות העיצוב ב-Sketchabilities, ואתן מוזמנות לחזור ולבקר מחר ולראות את הדף שהכנתי.
תודה שקפצתן לבקר.

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING those colors and the flowers!!!!