Friday, November 26, 2010

A Vintage Week @ 365 Cards - I


Vintage week @ 365 cards!!! What can be better than that? almost nothing.. So naturally I couldn't resist and I took a little break from making layouts and joined the fun making some vintage cards. So much inspiration at 365 cards!!! and a chance to win a very yummy prize.

The first card was made to the sketch Pam gave:



The image is from The Vintage Moth; dp 7 Gypsies; flower,doily, ribbon,  lace & button - all from my stash. I used distress ink the dp edges and on the doily.
Having snow on the image, this card goes also for simon says stamp;  and buttons & bows - meljensdesigns; fff


The 2nd card is for day 269 - vintage plus distressing (as if I can skip distressing anyway... LOL that's my no. 1 fav technique):




For this card I used the sketch from Sketches In Thyme (okay, I'm on the layout team, but I can still make a card or two, don't I?). Here's the sketch:


I distressed the edges of almost every cs & dp on this card and inked them with distress ink. The image is from The Graphics Fairy; cs - Canson; ribbons & flower - from my stash; bling - selfmade.

The 3rd card was made for day 270 - vintage plus dimensional sticker:



I did it also for CASE study #16.

Just incase you didn't see how much dimensinal is that sticker, here's a close-up:



And did you see that awesome button??? This peachy one was the last one on the store, so it was a shame to leave him all alone there... LOL I wish they had more of this color. Here's a close-up on the button:



And I do hope my friends, Rose Miller & Gloria Stengel, would say something about that bow... wink wink....
I know this card can also go for the distressing one, but Pam doesn't allow to combine days, this time, and I'm playing by the rules... (and I just wait for tomorrow, cause tomorrow's challenge is to combine all this week's requirements nto one card. Now that's a challenge I love!).
also for:
buttons & bows - fff; meljensdesigns

The 4th card is for day 268 - vintage plus a stamp:




For this card I used the sketch from CardPatterns:



I tried to make a male vintage card (I know, flower and lace aren't exactly boyish, but it was done for a new baby, so it's okay...). I love this baby stamp from Layers of Colors.
It was great to fill my cards box again, and I just might end up making a few more, so please come back tomorrow...

And two more things:
First is just a reminder that you've got 3 days to enter our fabulous sketch challenge over Frosted designs.
And second - don't forget to mark your calendar Dec. 3rd for our first blog hop at Frosted Designs!

Thank you for stopping by!

מיקבץ כרטיסי וינטאג' שהכנתי בהשראת הבלוג 365cards, שהקדיש את השבוע הזה לוינטאג'. זו הייתה הפוגה מהכנת דפי אלבום, וכך התאפשר לי להעשיר קצת מחדש את קופסת הכרטיסים הדי מתרוקנת שלי.

תודה על תשומת הלב!

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wow!!! Love seeing all of your cards!! The are alll sooo perfect!!!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Wow, what beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Fresh Brewed Challenges.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are GORGEOUS!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the vintage look! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rose said...

girlfriend these are all GORGEOUS!!! fantastic bow, can you tie all of mine for me??? :) **way to play by the rules!! *wink wink*

Natascha (nata1984) Germany said...

Oh my goodness I had a littel trouble by finding the right link for the comments. Your cards are all very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday.

Hugs, Natascha

אילנית said...

הכי הרבה את פורחת בענק כשאת עושה עבודות וינטאג'.

מדהים שכולם וינטאג' וכל אחד עם אופי אחר.

תענוג לעיניים

Kim Mc said...

Wow what wonderful creations, Libeeti! Thanks so much for playing along with the Vintage + Distressing challenge at 365 Cards this week! Good luck in the prize drawing!

Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

Gloria Stengel said...

The bow! you show me all that amazing goodness and all you want me to comment on is the bow! Girl. This is one set of super fantastic work! I love those vintage images...as you know they are my FAVORITE things! Well done for the week. Well done well done well done! Hugs!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow stunning Christmas cards beautifully designed I adore the vintage style so much thank you for joining our challenge at Digital Tuesday this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

Rica said...

Four fabulous cards, love your vintage look. Beautiful details and that flower and lace doily are stunning

So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challeng.
hugs Heather xx

~ Sophia ~ said...

Hats off to you!
You have been quite busy this week, making the most wonderful pieces of art!
I sooo love all the cards!
And I think you absolutely rocked the sketch...way to go girl!

Kim said...

Libeeti,
these cards are so beautiful! The vintage sabby touches are just so amazing! I love them all and your cards are just as stunning as your layouts!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Hannah said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!! Thanks for playing along with us this week :-)

Tanya R said...

A super job on this weeks sketch. Thank you for supporting the Tuesday Takes SITcards challenge this week.Hugs Tanya

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautifully vintage cards! Wonderful designs and fabulous colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Pam said...

Well, it's just one vintage beauty after another!!!

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Wonderful cards and bows! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs!