Sunday, October 10, 2010

Brothers In Arms - my DT's lo for Scrap Our Stash and and a happy mail



The challenge over Scrap our Stash for this month is "That Project", i.e. making the project you've been wanting to do for so long time, but never go to make.
Who doesn't have that kind of project?....
So I hope you'll join us in this great challenge, and don't forget to use your stash...

These photos were on my 'to do' list for a long time, and I almost scrapped them, but then I didn't. So this challenge was just what I needed!

I used the sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:



I really loved this clean & simple sketch! Actually I loved it so much that I think I'll use it for another lo (another one on my 'to do' list...).

We don't celebrate Halloween in Israel, but we have our own holiday when we all (especially the kids...) wear costumes - Purim. These photos were taken on Purim 2.5 years ago. Don't you just love my Batman & Peter Pan?
I was inspired by the song "Brothers In Arms" by the Dire Straits (great song!!!), and that is what the title says (in hebrew). I'm entering it to the song inspired challenge over Allsorts.
On the journaling block I wrote about how my boys fight and play together, how they can't spend one hour without arguing & fighting, but on the other hand - how they care for each other and look for each other the minute they wake up. I wished them to go on like that all their lives (but I do hope they'll stop fighting so much....).

I used two Halloween stamps I got as a RAK (for the challenge over Just Scraps, for using the cheapest stamp), handstitched the edges of the cs, and made a freehand frame with signo pen. I also doodled on the letters, so they'll pop up, and I did quite a lot of journaling (atleast more than I'm used to...). So it also fits the challenge over Frotset Designs, that asked for doodling/handwriting.

And the rest of the challenges I'm entering this lo are:
color scheme - day 220 365 cards (okay, it's not a card, but still.... and there's very little yellow - on the Batman's suit, but still...)
color combo (purple, orange, lime) - there she goes
stitching - #7 wild orchid;
nothing floral - #64 ollcb
rhinestones (on the skull stamp) - #19 paper playtime
anything goes - scrap & stamp; #15 elephantastic


And I got a very happy mail from my bloggy friend, Rose Miller. Look what this talented wonderful woman sent me:







I was so thrilled when I opened the pacage, I think I actually had tears in my eyes. Such a beauty!
Thank you, Rose, your such a generous and kind person! But I'm afraid I will never ever use those stunning cards, rather be hoarding them forever...

Thanks for stopping by!

לאחרונה התבקשתי להצטרף לצוות המעצבות הקבוע בבלוג האתגרים Scrap our Stash. האתגר לחודש אוקטובר הוא "הפרוייקט הזה", ז"א אותו פרוייקט שכל הזמן נדחה. אתגר קל, כי מי אין לה איזה פרוייקט כזה שהיא כל הזמן מתכוונת לבצע?
אני ניצלתי את ההזדמנות להכין דף לתמונות של הילדים מפורים של לפני כשנתיים וחצי. כבר זמן רב רציתי להכין דף עם התמונות הללו, ואיכשהו זה תמיד חמק. אז הנה עכשיו ניצלתי גם כפרוייקט שאני צריכה לתת וגם את כל אתגרי ההלואין שמסתובבים בהמוניהם ברשת.

תודה שנכנסתן להסתכל, שיהיה שבוע נעים וקליל.

15 comments:

Rose said...

oh i love this page of your boys!! and yes one day they will stop fighting.....well it took my boys 20 years but at least they are done now lol
way to squeeze in the 365 challenge girl :) i totally see the color challenge in this page :)

so glad your package got to you safe and sound and without falling apart lol glad you like it but no more tears girlfriend *wink wink*

Diana said...

Love the LO with the doodling. Looks phenomenal. Your cards are gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Betty Wright said...

Fantastic scarpbook page design and layers, Libeeti! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!

Wendi said...

What a fabulous page I love those outfits
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Jeanette said...

Wonderful LO and such cute costumes on the children. Great cards from your blog friend. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

~amy~ said...

such a wonderful take on the sketch...love it! OMGoodness...that Rose is something else, isn't she?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love that lo!!!!! WOWWWWWWW!!! CUTE PHOTOS and loveeeeeeeee the chalked framing around the photos!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!!! And loving the cards your friend sent to you!! They are gorgeous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jeanet said...

This is beautiful! Those photo's are so much fun! Love your design!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Lisa F said...

LOVE the colors you used on your layout! Thanks for joining in at Scrap and Stamp!

elsi67 said...

So sweet :) Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Floweret said...

Fun to see a LO here, Thanks for joining I did it creations challenge blog this time!

CraftyGirl said...

LOVE the doodling on this one!! the white pen looks fantastic!! Thanks for taking on our challenge again this week!!
barb :)

Val said...

Wow - a fab layout. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week.
Hugs
Valxx

scotspanda said...

what a stunning layout I love it, your boys sound like happy boys

thanks for joining in with my musical theme this week

Hugs

Amanda xx

Juanita said...

Great projects. Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy.