Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aqua Orange butterflies



Edit: I won for this card over Wild Orchid challenges,
Thank you!

I've made this card for day 184 on 365 cards, which is "opposites attrack". Pam aked to choose two colors - one you like best and one you like least, and use them as dominant colors of the card. She also said we can use shades of those colors.

Well, this time I played by the rules. No cheating, nor rebel. Like I've said in an earlier post, it looks as if I'm in my 'blue period', so naturally blue was the first choise, on this card - aqua. And orange is one of the least colors I tend to scrap, so I took it as the second color. I've done this combo before, so I knew it works..

I used Kazan's sketch, over 2s4y:

The butterflies were made with my newest toy I got from BF for my birthday - a MS stamp&punch (this is ONE of the things I got as a  present from her... I guess you'll see lot of them from now.. .LOL). The kraft matting is from an old paper I have for long time, so it fitts the challenge of 'old meets new', over the shabby tea room.

I enter this card also to the following challenges:
color combo - #47 crafty catz; #154 no time to stamp
wings - #2 cyda; #5 pfop
sparkle - #4 wild orchid

Thanks for stopping by!

עוד כרטיס ברכה לשנה החדשה, עם סקיצה פשוטה ואלגנטית ועם שילוב צבעים פחות שמיש אצלי.
הפרפרים הם מצעצוע חדש שקיבלתי כמתנת יומולדת מחברתי הטובה - חותמת ופאנצ' של מרתה סטיוארט. קיבלתי עוד כמה מתנות סקראפיות ממנה, ויהיה להן שימוש בזמן הקרוב מאד...

תודה שנכנסתן להסתכל!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! GORGEOUS!!!! LOVING the butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card...love, love, love the color combo!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute card! I love orange and blue together. They work just perfectly. Great take on that sketch. Love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

TesaB said...

What a totally STUNNING card!!! Wow, the colors work great together ! Awesome butterflies. What a great present!!! Hugs!!!

Emma said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at CYDA and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk
http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com

ננה_בננה said...

יופי של כרטיס.
אני פריקית של פרפרים בעצמי אז אני קצת משוחדת :)

ושנה טובה!!

Maritha said...

What beautiful work you do, I love butterflies and I thing that you made is so nice and clean. Thank you very much for the treetings on my blog, I get so happy when you look int! Hugs

Lisa said...

I just love butterfly cards! Nice job with the sketch and color combo. Thanks for playing along in TSTR.

Suzanne said...

This is lovely. I love the clean and simple approach. It is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz thsi week x

Kazan Clark said...

Your colors are strikingly beautiful together. Gorgeous take on the sketch
Thanks for sharing them with us
:) Kazan

Sharanda said...

Beautiful card!!