Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love My Boy - lo and an award



This photo of my eldest was taken when he was 16 months.

The big circle was made with a big doily as a mask.


I've made this orange flower out of fabric (dispensable table cloth), after I saw a similar flower over Crafty Fairy's blog. She explained that she used a lot of glue to stiff the fabric, and then added stickles. So that is how I made mine. Isn't it gorgeous?
The pale green ribbon was made of bandage that I painted with acrylic paint, something I learned from another Israeli talented crafter - Yafgil.
I added leaves I made out of used dryer sheet, inked it with distress ink and added stickles.

I'm entering this lo to the following challenges:
something old, something new - #42 crafty angels (mine: the photos are about 7 years old, the bandage ribbon & the fabric flower are new)
ribbons & flowers - #82 the crafty pad
2 colors - #2 the stamp man
make your own flowers - #5 craftalicious

And the award:




I got this award from the Crafty Girl, Barb. I was so surprised and thrilled when I saw it! Barb is such a talented crafter. Her lo's are so cheerful, and full of lovely details, a real eye candy! I just love to read here posts. Thank you so much, Barb!

Now, here is what you should do with the award:
1. Thank the person who gave it to  you.
2. tell 7 things about yourself.
3. pass the award to 5 bloggers whom you think are fantastic.

So here are 7 things about myself:
1. I was born nearby the sea but now I live far from it.
2. I was never ever crafty kind of girl, till a year ago...
3. I have 2 sisters and one brother.
4. I'm the youngest (okay, I cheated here a little to gain another line... LOL)
5. I have two wonderful, handsome boys!
6. I had two dogs living with me, till I gave birth to my eldest.
7. I'm a full time working woman.

And the 5 bloggers I'm passing this award are:
2. Rose M.


Thanks for stopping by!


מצאתי את התמונות הללו של בני הבכור באיזה אלבום כיסים ישן. אלו תמונות מהזמן שהוא היה בן 16 חודש בערך (איך שהזמן טס, הוא נראה פה כל כך תינוק, ובסה"כ חלפו רק 7 שנים...)
את הפרח הכתום הכנתי מעיגולים של מפת אלבד. כן, זאת שלוקחים תמיד לפיקניקים או למסיבות ואחרי שמשתמשים - זורקים לפח. אז זהו, שלא חייבים לזרוק לפח... ראיתי אצל פית מרציפן את פרח הבד הזה והוא שבה את ליבי. אז ניסיתי לשחק עם הבד לפי התיאור שלה (דבק, סטיקלס) וזה מה שיצא. הפיה פשוט קוסמת - הבד באמת נהיה קשה וקל לשחק איתו בעיצוב.
את ה'סרט' שמתחת הכנתי מתחבושת, כפי שלמדתי מיפית. פרחי התחבושת שלה הם אחד הרעיונות הכי יצירתיים שנתקלתי בהם.
הוספתי עלים מדף משומש של מייבש כביסה שגם הוא עבר טיפול מסיבי של סטיקלס ו'לכלוך' בדיו דיסטרס.
האותיות הכתומות הקטנות הן מ'מקס סטור' והאותיות הירוקות הגדולות הן מביג דיל.

תודה שנכנסתן להסתכל!

23 comments:

Sammibug said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and use of the doily. Thank you for participating in our distressing challenge at Stamping With The Dragon.

Pat said...

This is beautiful!! Love that flower.

Kim said...

Another fantastic layout by you! I love yout green and orange. the masking is just beautiful! Love the fabric and the flower too! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous layout with us at Sketches in Thyme!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colors you chose. Your flowers turned out great! What a wonderful idea for the leaves! How sweet of you to pass your blog award to me. Thanks - it means a lot to me. I will get it posted on my blog this weekend.

Dawn said...

Wow this is an amzing layout. Love all the fun unique ideas you used,and the colors are wonderful Thanks for playing with us at Sketches In Thyme.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love this!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that masking!!! And FUN facts about you...and thanks for the award!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TesaB said...

Ohhhhh!!!! Awesome page, girl!!! Sooo much to love, the adorable photos, the distressed look, the paint behind the doily paper!!! GORGEOUS! And thank you for the award!!! So sweet of you!!!

ננה_בננה said...

הורס! הורס!!
דף מהמם!! הכל אהבתי! הכל לטעמי!
מהמם!

Broni said...

Very pretty layout! I love that doily background and the cool flower treatment! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Cor* said...

So many unique and different ideas in your wonderul layout. I love everything about it! Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing with at Creative Inspirations for this fornight challenge. ~~

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

congrats on your award & thank you for joining us
Helen & Elle DT x

Debbie said...

What a beautiful layout. :) Fabulous pics too. :)

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad Challenge. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Carla aka scrappypug said...

absolutely gorgeous....love the embellishments you used too. Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!

Maritha said...

So nice card you made at your boy! I like the colors a lot.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I wish you a happy birthday!
Hugs

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous LO. Lov ethe flower. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Rose said...

fantastic!! love the masking with the doily :) thanks for the award!!!

i am so far behind in my commenting sorry.

Lilacanglia said...

gorgeous layout,
so nice to see something other than a card,
Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic,
Hugs
Angie
Elle DT

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome lay-out! Love the colors, the doilies... nicely out together. Thank you for playing with us at DDCC.

פיית מרציפן said...

איזו אלופה את
רואה וישר מיישמת
השילוב של פרח עם עלי התחבושות יוצא מהמם.
פשוט מקסים

Anita said...

Stunning page! I love all the details. The flower is a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

rosalien said...

Nice LO, love the pictures too. :)) Thanks for joining DC.

Rosalien

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous hun!
So glad you shared it with us @ Creative Belli!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous layout!! Love all
your elegant details and colors.Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining the Stamp And Create flower challenge this week.