Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to card making?.... And a very HAPPY mailbox

Unfortunately, I have too many worries lately, and I do hope things will get (much) better pretty soon.
But to add to this worries, I got a new one, kind of scrappy one....
You all know my bloggy friend, Tesa. This talented woman is a very good friend and such an inspiration to me. We've met through 365 cards, and because of her, I started scrapbooking. Well, I started scrapbooking and scarcely made any cards since...
From time to time, Tesa encouraged me to make a card here, a card there, especially for 365 cards, and so I did. I was pleased, and so was Tesa (I think she was... LOL).
But lately Tesa just gave up encouraging me to make any cards.
I had to get rid of this worry!!!! So I made not only one card, but two.... LOL
The fact that the Jewish new year is just around the corner, was a great excuse to make those cards.

The first one, is for the sketch challenge over CardPatterns. Here is the sketch:

And here is my take:


And it also goes for the following challenges:
sparkle and shine - creative card crew;
b is for blue - abc
in the garden - #104 everybody art
one for the girls - #3 wild orchid
flower power - #36 fab 'n' funky
color combo - embellish magazine
buttons, brads, bling (here- bling) - #18 wee memories
no brads, no eyelets - stamping vecation

And the second card I want to share with you was based on the sketch over 365 cards.
Here is the sketch:

And here is my take on the sketch:



Edit: I've won card of the week for this card
For day 168 - super sketchy sunday
at 365 cards! Thank you, Pam
I also won for this card at Paper Jewels,
#7 challenge ribbons & flowers, Thank you!
Look at these lovely ribbon flowers! I've made them based on the tutorial I found at Helen Croft's blog, Scrap-A-Little (she has amazing tutorials! You really should go and look at them).
And I love those wrinkled leaves, the golden ones look like fabric, but they're paper...
And this card is also for the following challenges:

vintage & faded (the dp) - stamping vacation
no brads, no eyelets - stamping vacation
ribbon & flowers - #7 paper jewels
ribbon & sparkles - #80 tpe (the ribbons are shining a little and the leaves are from golden paper)
happy birthday - #101 ann's creative nook
b is for blue - abc
petals & pearls - #11 crafts and me
anything goes - stampin' for the weekend

Now, look at this fab card I got from my bloggy friend, Rose Miller. She is the paperpiecing queen! Look at that lovely birdie, isn't it just adorable?
Thank you, Rose, you're such a sweet and kind person!

And now it's time to go back to scrappbooking... I do have a few projects to make (and two of them are for Tesa's challenges...).
Thank you for stopping by and have a fab weekend.

בתוך שבוע מאד מאד לחוץ ודאוג, לקחתי קצת פסק זמן מהכל, גם מדפי אלבום מעוצבים, והכנתי שני כרטיסים.
שניהם באווירה קצת וינטאג'ית (אילנית, את מהווה השראה... :)). החגים שבפתח מעודדים אותי להעשיר את מלאי הכרטיסים.
הפרחים בכרטיס השני נעשו מסרטים, עפ"י הדרכה שמצאתי (לינק בחלק באנגלית). עשיתי עוד כמה פרחים כאלו, בצבעים קצת שונים, והם יוצאים פשוט יפהפיים.

תודה שנכנסתן להסתכל, ושיהיה סופ"ש רגוע (ופחות חם ולח, אם אפשר...).


33 comments:

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

כרטיסים מקסימים!
אני תמיד חששתי להתחיל בסקרפינג, אבל לפני איזה חודשיים דיברתי גם עם חברה שמכינה כרטיסים ומיני אלבומים והגענו למסקנה שסקרפינג זה למעשה סקיצה של כרטיס שהורחבה 12X 12 :)

Thanks for playing with us over at PFOP and Good Luck! X

Jenny said...

Wow! Your entry for the Paper Jewels challenge is GORGEOUS!! I love how you made those flowers with ribbon! Your other cards are great too :)Thanks for playing along.

einat109 said...

כרטיסים מקסימים.
ניסיתי להשיג אותך כמה פעמים ללא מענה,
תתקשרי אלי אני בבית.
שבת מקסימה
עינת

Court said...

That rose is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love all the cards they are stunning, your ribbon roses are amazing. Hope your worries go away soon, Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Rose said...

it is so good to see you making cards again girl :) these are both beautiful and i LOVE the ribbon flowers :) **about time you joined in on 365!! lol** i will hop over and take a peak at the tuts. so glad you got and like the card, have something to make for you but you will have to wait a bit as i am still waiting *impatiently* for the mail to come with what i need. and then of course i craft SLOW!! lol take care girl friend.

Chrissie said...

Beautiful cards!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

TinaB said...

Great card!! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad. Please check my blog for the Crafty Pad Challenge at The I Did It Forum, Would love to see you there! Hugs Tina xx

~amy~ said...

FABulous cards!!! I hope to get a BRAK out to you soon....getting back to regular mode from vaca mode:) I hope that everything is okay....thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way....

Love Rose's card...she IS the paperpiecing queen:)

Dawn said...

No more worries, you have done a fab job on these challenges.
I love those flowers also and need to check out the tutorials.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for you girl!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee these cards!! They are AMAZING!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::)

Crafteezee said...

All your cards are gorgeous. Glad you found the inspiration to make again. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

Gloria Stengel said...

Your cards are wonderful. I esp. love the one for 365 Cards Sketch. Those flowers are amazing! I hope you are stress-free soon. Gentle hugs and many prayers!

PenLight said...

Beautiful card, beautiful stitching, lovely colors, fantastic job on the roses. I'm so glad you joined us at Practical Scrappers this week.

Kim said...

Beautiful cards hun! You do such lovely work! I really love the ribbon flowers on the 2nd card! Great work! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Debbie said...

Welcome back to card making!! Those roses are simply lovely! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

TesaB said...

LOL!!!! Good to have the card making Li-bee ti back!!! LOL!!!! You make the most beautiful ones, and I knew that a change of tactics might do the trick... LOL!!! FANTASTIC 365 cards card .- the flowers are amazing!!!! and wohoo, great card from Rose!!!

Lisa said...

Oh your rose cards are just beautiful! You should always make cards no matter what anyone else says or doesn't say! Just do it for you!!! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Tea Room!

Audrey Pettit said...

What very cute cards you've made! I adore those ribbon flowers on your Shabby Tea Room card. The gold leaves are wonderful, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week.

Emma H said...

Wow, these are stunning! I love the ribbon roses, and I may have to try that out myself! Thanks for playing along with Fab N funky

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing it with The Pink Elephant this week!! Sheri-TPE DT

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the ribbon flowers!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Karen McAlpine said...

Very pretty cards. Love your flower accents. Thanks for joinin in in the Stamping Vacation Challenges.

Pam Varnell said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at the Little Paper Shop.

Pam said...

Love your gorgeous card for the 365 sketch challenge!!!

Lesley said...

Lovely card, very elegant. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Mina said...

wow these are gorgeous, I love the touch of glitter...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe Crafts monthly and Colour Create challenges
Mina xxx

Jeanette said...

There are those pretty ribbon flowers again. Thanks for sharing with Scrapping With I Did It Creations.

mforquer said...

The bird card is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!
Melissa

Saskia said...

Lovely card for Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!!

Greet, Saskia
(guest designer)

**I've got a polka-dots candy on my blog, feel free to take a look**

andrea said...

gorgeous cards and the ribbon roses are fantastic thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

crafty amy said...

Wow what brilliant cards I think my favourite are the rose ones but that last one is so bright and fun I am so glad that you took up card making :D
Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Cathy said...

beautiful.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx