Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Kiss - lo


Edit: This lo won at A Crafty Little Place
challenge #6- distress


This is my take on the weekly sketch over Sketches in Thyme. Here is the sketch:

The photo is of my Dad and me, on my dad's surprise 70th birthday party.
All papers were distressed and inked with distress ink. For the title's small letters I used stickles over chipboards that I've won from Paper niche, and I topped it with gloden stickles. The big letters are chipboards I've painted in acrylic paint and I used the crackle technique.
The sub title was placed on a toilet paper roll. I also cut a 'window' and placed a folded doily inside.
The small circle photo is of one of the statues in Rodin's museum in Paris. I placed it on a zipper. the flower was made of a silk ribbon, and I added felt leafs that I cut and stitched for the veins. I also stitched on the leavs two pink felt flowers I've made myself.
I stamped with distress ink swirls all over the dps, so it matches the pattern on the cs. I also added some rhinestones in the end of some of the swirls.

The challenges:
vintage (use a paper doily) - stamping vacation; #3 just inspirational
say it with flowers - #1 wild orchid (their first challenge! congrats!)
layers plus a butterfly - #113 fluter by wednsday
polka dots - stampin' B's
recipe - #25 ready, steady stamp (I have more than 5... wings - the bird; acrylic paing - on the big title; glitter - on the small letters of the title; pink - the two tiny felt flowers; lace; inked & distressed - all dp were inked & distressed; musical sheet, butterfly. the stamping - swirls stamp all over the pages).

Thanks for stopping by!



זו תמונה של אבי המנוח ושלי, שצולמה במסיבת ההפתעה שהכנו לו ליום הולדתו ה-70.
האותיות הגדולות שבכותרת נצבעו בצבע אקרילי ואח"כ יצרתי את הסדקים בשיטת הקרקל. האותיות הקטנות צופו בגליטר זהוב. הפרח הורוד הוא מסרט משי שהיה אצלי, והוספתי עלים מלבד גזורים באופן חופשי ומחוברים באמצעות תפירה. כך גם הוספתי את אותם ניצנים ורודים.
התגית של כותרת המשנה הודבקה על גליל חתוך של נייר טואלט שהוסב לצורך זה :). חתכתי בצד אחד של הגליל פתח והכנסתי בפנים מפית תחרה מקופלת. הוספתי גם פרח מתחרה שהכנתי ורוכסן בהיר.
הדף המדוגם של הבסיס מכיל ממילא הדפסה של מערבולות. הוספתי גם החתמה של מערבולות, בדיו דיסטרס, כך שזה משתלב גם עם הדף המדוגם וגם עם החולצה שבתמונה.

תודה שקפצתן לבלוג שלי להסתכל!

24 comments:

Rose said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty!!!!

CraftyGirl said...

This is one stunning LO!! Wow! I lvoe the photo and you did such a great job of capturing the memory with the lace and sheet music and all the other embellies you used!! Thanks for playing with the sketch at Sketches in Thyme and for joining us again this week at FD!!
barb :)

Kim E said...

This layoutout is just gorgeous. Your distressing is fabulous, and I love all of the little details. Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy. Hugs, Kim

אילנית said...

וואוו תשמעי זה דף מאוד מאוד מרגש....

עשית אותו בצורה כל כך יפה- איך רואים שהשקעת מחשבה בכל חלק בדף הזה והוא יצא מושלם....

מייד למסגר את הדף הזה.....

יום נפלא
מאילנית

נ.ב. כתבתי לך מייל ראית???

TesaB said...

Oh MY! It's wonderful. So vintage, so beautiful! You use the most beautiful embellies and great distressing!!!

IsaNorris said...

Hi,
thanks for playing with us at RSS. Your page is gorgeous !!!
you should try the STS challenge I host too, which is a scrapbooking one; You might like this...
http://scrapthemesketch.blogspot.com/
Isa
I'm writing backwards that is so weird. LOL Hope I did that right
Isa

Danni said...

Wonderful layout! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Kelly Schelske said...

So very pretty! thanks for playing along with us at The Town Scrapper!

Heather "Hev" said...

Stunning :)
Thank you for joining us this week over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Have a wonderful week
Heather
my blog

Carrie said...

what a beautiful page..love the photo and what you did with the layout xx

Thanks for playing with the sweet stampers xx

Tracy said...

such a beautiful layout, love the colours and all the gorgeous detail. thanks for joining us at the creative cottage, Tracy x

made by fifi said...

beautiful LO -thank you for joiningin the MTTC challenge this week x 

Ann said...

Adorable!!! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

~*Joni said...

Oh my goodness, I can't get over how beautiful this is! What a wonderful page you've created for all these challenges, the details are exquisite and the elements compliment each other perfectly! Thank you so much for joining our distressed challenge over at A Crafty Little Place!
~*Joni ACLP DT

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous!!! The little felt leaves are too cute. Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs S

Betty Wright said...

So wonderful! A stunning creation and very memorable occasion! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Ildiko said...

Wow gorgeous scrapbook page.Thanks playing along with J.I this week.
hugs
Ildiko

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

VERY WONDERFUL work!! LOVE all the layers! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week at SHELLY'S IMAGES:)

Wendy said...

tHis is stunning, love the whole layout, thanks for joining us at JI challenge

nefertiti said...

Wonderful page
Lovely rea
Bizz

Kianel said...

absolutely gorgeous layout!
thanks for playing with us at Ready steady stamp!
love from France, Kianel.

Giò said...

WOW!!!! Fabulous scrap page!!! Full of fantastic details.
Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

Hugs
Giò

P'tite Plume said...

Very beautiful layout! Thank to play with us.